Led Zeppelin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin was my favorite band from the 70's. Sadly, I never got to see them live in their prime. Love the Who and the Stones as well.

Re: Led Zeppelin

Zep were abit before my time on their first run, but they're the greatest, as far as I'm concerned.
    I hope the o2 gig was recorded and gets released.

Comment

You don't know what you missed, Led Zep were one of the best live bands I've seen, after that Quo, The Stones, The Who, Deep Purple, fell asleep part way through Steely Dan Early Elton John concerts were brilliant and deffo one of the best the mighty Queen.
      We used to go to a concert a week easily in the 70s/80s lets face it we could afford it then

Comment

- Bows down-
        Wow. You have just listed so many of my favourite bands - that I will never get to see:cry:
        If you had also said Black Sabbath, ACDC and Blue Oyster Cult I would have jumped off a cliff!!
        (Not really!)
        Although...

Comment

Great bands especially LZ,whats happened with todays bands!!! I dont think its just the fact that we are all older,I think a large % of modern "artists" are untalented lucky kareoaky singers! How dyo spell kareoky?
          "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Robert Plant talks to Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols, pretty good interview... Music podcast:Indie 103.1 FM Podcasts
            Peace will only be when we are peaceful

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
              Great bands especially LZ,whats happened with todays bands!!! I dont think its just the fact that we are all older,I think a large % of modern "artists" are untalented lucky kareoaky singers! How dyo spell kareoky?
              I don't know how to spell kareoke either!
              Maybe it's because Bordom and dull or deprived circumstances meant kids had nothing else to do but play with sound. This creates a focus that inspires music. Social-political influences such as ressesion etc.
              These days, kids are constantly stimulated by video games, endless tv channels, internet and mobile phones.
              There is no absence to fill, hence vacous culture
              Of course, it's all just plasters for the soal, and the music will burst back. The good thing about the information age is access, sadly, no pay.

Comment

went to see zeppelin at knebworth around 1978 with some friends who dragged me along , i was never a big fan before the gig but boy did they change my mind i went out and bought everything they ever recorded. i was more into deep purple/rainbow/ac-dc/ufo/status quo in the 70,s but we used to go to at least 2-3 gigs a week all over scotland {the average ticket price was around £3-£4...seen soooo many bands live it would take ages to write em all down... as for the london 2009 gig it was recorded and should be released sometime early next year.............

Comment

Sixties and seventies rock forever. They don't make them like they used to that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X