top trumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top trumps

anybody remember top trumps game cards,used to spend hour's playing them.
    had the fast car set,mighty machines,and air craft.

they are trying to bring them i think with star wars,robot wars and many ohter's
    kernow bys vyken

eg : the car on your card does 200mph but only 75 mpg, you ask your opponent for his car's speed & if it's lower you take his card. Clever game & collectors' items too.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Well they've made a come back now, my dughters got the new Doctor Who ones, kids today think they we never had kool toys.

Comment

Hi guys..

I had the two different Horror Top Trumps sets, with Death, Venusian Death Cell(whatever that was!) and King Kong and Godzilla amongst others..also had fighter planes of World War Two and Tank ones..great fun...

Rab

Comment

Theres a a new horror one out two and a Postman Pat set that would be combined with the horror deck.

Comment

I had a few decks in my time... Military Ships (mainly aircraft carriers, destroyers and the like - if you got USS Nimitz you almost couldn't lose), British Cars (an old deck where one of the best cards to have was a Jaguar XJS), but my favourite by a mile was Marvel Superheroes (and Baddies). In that deck, Silver Surfer and the Hulk were the best cards as I recall.

I alos recall that at one point I had some 'Mini Trumps', but God knows what the decks were.
            Cheers

Armchair

Comment

I had superheroes and super tankers, and a car deck, and also a Doctor Who set, but not Top Trumps more of a rip off deck, still got them today too.

Comment

I had quite a lot of these. I sold most of them on ebay recently. Scramblers, Sports Cars, British Cricketers, etc.

Sadly, I'd swapped away (during childhood years) two sets that seem to make a bundle on ebay. A horror set from the early 80s and an old Marvel Superheroes set from the mid 70s that weren't officially by 'Top Trumps' but were for all intents and purposes the same game.

Comment

Same here with me, the Doctor Who and Marel superheroes, weren't Top Trumps but what the hell.

Comment

Re: top trumps

I still have some 70's car and footballers sets somewhere. I seem to recall Manchester City goalkeeper, Joe Corrigan, at 6 foot 4 1/2 inches tall been unbeatable (sic). If you were taller back then, you were better - FACT! I guess we weren't that 'size-ist' back then! Also, I'm pretty sure that 99% of the players were British as well!

As for the 70's cars, the American gas-guzzlers with the V8 engines were always top of the pile whilst the Citroen 2CV was the 'comedy' car that was forever been passed back and forth! Guess we weren't that Green either!

Comment

I found the concept of top trumph cards rather dull.But they must have been popular to survive this long.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've still got some around at my parents home, me & my brother were given some 1970s ones by neighours many years ago.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My brother had a few sets in the 70s and 80s - planes, boats, motorbikes, that sort of thing. I've found a fair few sets at boot fairs and flogged them for a very tidy profit on that auction site I dare not mention. I have some new ones, too - football ones, and some Simpsons, Star Wars and Buffy ones, but only because they came in limited edition cases, and in fifty years I might make a couple of quid on same auction site!
                          "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

I think I had about 3 sets - Racing cars, Rally cars and some kind of horror/monster ones.

I have the new Doctor Who set as I collect anything that is Doctor Who .
                            Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Some vintage Top Trumps

Comment

Working...
                              X