skateboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skateboard

Had a skateboard anual in the late 70's/early 80's.Not much of a description i know,but remember it well,all these cool Americans.Been searching for it everywhere but can only find modern books.Anyone got an idea of where to start looking for this sort of thing? links etc.

THANKS.

Re: skateboard

was it ONLY about skateboards ?

Dave
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

This looks very promising; lots of 70's skateboard books here:

Vintage Skateboard Magazines
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

It was a hardback annual,looks similar to the pics you posted,that wierd goldfish bowl type pic,but it wasn't the one i had.Shame i dont remember more deatials i just got a image of the front cover in my head.The only other pic i remember was a man in,what look liked a nasa space suite,complete with helmet lol,laying down on a long skateboard and going down a steep hill on a street in some kind of speed test.

Comment

I think it is The Hamlyn Book of Skateboarding by Peter Arnold 1977 - there is a picture in it of Guy Grundy doing a speed run at Signal Hill in full leathers and motorbike helmet - think this is your 'spaceman'.

Check out UK books on site Vintage Skateboard Magazines and rest of site Vintage Skateboard Magazines

If not this let me know - VSM.com is my site so I can probably find it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by josephdreams View Post
            I think it is The Hamlyn Book of Skateboarding by Peter Arnold 1977 - there is a picture in it of Guy Grundy doing a speed run at Signal Hill in full leathers and motorbike helmet - think this is your 'spaceman'.

Check out UK books on site Vintage Skateboard Magazines and rest of site Vintage Skateboard Magazines

If not this let me know - VSM.com is my site so I can probably find it for you.
            Thank you thats the one!

Comment

Working...
            X