saphire and steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saphire and steel

anybody remember this old 1970s young adault tv show,don't remember much about it can anyone fill me in.
    kernow bys vyken

Scared the shiz out of me when I was young. There were all these elements, who were time agents, and sapphire and steel (despite not being elements!) would get assigned cases. There was one storyline where there was this being who only existed in photographs, another where there was two kids in a house trapped in time or something....

Comment

excellent show,to relive the whole experience get the dvd box set like i did, unlike some shows that seemed good back then, it still is good and just as scary now,well wrote and acted apart from adventure 3,which is poor,2,is my personal favourite.

Comment

This was a kool show, though kinda sad that it ended on a cliffhanger, but theres often talk of a remake?

Comment

Hi guys!!

Although I used to watch this and was quite into Joanna Lumley (and in the New avengers) I only really remember a brief bit of an episode with a Ghostly World War one soldier at a Train Station, think he was singing 'Its a long way to Tipperary'..lo.. thats about it..might have to get that DVD boxset meethinks...lol...

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Comment

It was kool and scarey at times too, Jonna Lumley is always, was sexy, great legs too, especially in the New Avengers, and was a super sexy Doctor Who in the spoof comic relief sketch. David was kool in the Man from UNCLE too, and the guy who wrote S & S and created it is a writer on the way kool TORCHWOOD series now, P.J. Hammond I think, clever writer, with a vivid imagination too.

Comment

Hi Oggy...

Ace..;0)..was that actor from S+S also 'the Saint' in the 1970's show too? im really struggling memory wise now!! lol..just caught the first few Torchwoods up at my mates and was very impressed, need to keep watching that...

Rab...;0)

Comment

He may have Rab, think they kinda did the rounds in the old ITC series, The Saint, The Champion's, Department S, The Baron, Man in a suitcase, Randall and Hopkirk, Jason King etc.

TORCHWOOD rocks, its so kool, and Eve is sexy mmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Sapphire and Steel

on one show ther was a ghost who whistled pac up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile he scared the pants off me as a small child can you name the other good guys ill start you off
                  iron
                  Last edited by sixtyten; 01-07-2007, 22:59.
                  want that one

Comment

Re: saphire and steel

Silver

Comment

Lead. Loved the show, which is not to say I always understood what was going on.
                      The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

Re: sapphire and steel

I saw the opening episode when I was 7 or 8 on holiday in Whitby with my two cousins. The one about the nursery rhyme, "Ring-a-ring O'Roses". Scared the hell out of us!
                        My younger cousin was so frightened he cried for hours afterwards. Young children should not have been allowed to watch this.

Comment

omg I remember the one where the ghost whistled...and there was an abandoned train station with 11.11 scrawled on the glass and the ghosts were wondering up and down the platform ..... I was totally freaked out watching that!
                          ....don't take life so seriously...or you'll never get out alive....

Comment

Love your logo........hope the Trumpton Life on Mars characters are in an episode.....

Comment

Yeah - that show used to scare the living **** out of me as a kid. I remember one with some kind of demon/mutant swan/goose thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X