jamboree bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jamboree bags

Not sure on the spelling,but remember buying these in the 70's.They had sweets and a toy, and corny jokes on the back of the bag.Remember they used to have alot in them but they changed the name and didn't seem the same after.

re: jamboree bags

Jamboree
    Attached Files
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      That must be it but the pic dosen't look how i remembered.But then again it was along time ago so maybe it is.Thanks heather you really are tops at finding all my old memories

Comment

I remember these! Didn't they also contain those sherbet flying saucers, and little sweets called blackjacks and fruit salads? (I think that's what the second ones were called. They were pink and yellow.)

Comment

Originally posted by old git View Post
          That must be it but the pic dosen't look how i remembered.But then again it was along time ago so maybe it is.Thanks heather you really are tops at finding all my old memories
          Hi OG !! My kids had Jamboree 's all the time and there were many variations of pictures on the packets ! Yours were just not the one Hugs managed to find *lol*
          Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
          <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Think I vaguely remember them
            were they not changed to " Lucky Bag's " ???
            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I used to buy jamboree bags. I remember them having foam shrimps, flying saucers, toffee lollies, sherbert dib dabs, blackjacks, fruit salads and a gift.
              sigpic
              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

But who remembers the toy.I always wanted the parachute but i rarely got it.

Comment

I remember then as Mr Lucky Bags too, usually ended up with a really cheap yo-yo or a sliding puzzle
                  Heather

Comment

Jamboree bags, for the term for a scout gathering or celebration.

When I remember them, they were a plain-coloured paper bag with the printing of a conical scout tent and scouts on them. Cost 3d in the old money. But this was the era of ha'penny chews and four for a penny flying saucers.

Yes contents including a range of the now-classic sweets with the cheap toy, but what stands out in my memory was that there was usually (always?) one on a stick. A toffee lollipop, frequently, I seem to recall.

...As was also found in Sherbet dips of the time.
                    Modern sherbet dip dabs seem to have changed from that.
                    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

Re: jamboree bags

Originally posted by Emettman View Post
                      Jamboree bags, for the term for a scout gathering or celebration.

When I remember them, they were a plain-coloured paper bag with the printing of a conical scout tent and scouts on them. Cost 3d in the old money. But this was the era of ha'penny chews and four for a penny flying saucers.

Yes contents including a range of the now-classic sweets with the cheap toy, but what stands out in my memory was that there was usually (always?) one on a stick. A toffee lollipop, frequently, I seem to recall.

...As was also found in Sherbet dips of the time.
                      Modern sherbet dip dabs seem to have changed from that.
                      Yep, I remember those, the cheap toy usually had "Empire made" stamped on the back.

Comment

Re: jamboree bags

Jamboree/Lucky Bags were quite a cheap thing to buy

As mentioned above they had a little plastic toy inside. Usually tacky but you did get the odd decent toy
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                        X