god of synth gary numan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• god of synth gary numan

going to see gary numan is april, he is playing a few gigs im going to the liverpool one......the god of synth ...
    does anyone remember him from the late 70s early 80s
    take care all
    les

Re: god of synth gary numan

Are friends electric was one of the first singles I bought and I'm pretty sure that Complex was the first 12" I bought (may have been Don't bring me down - ELO). Still love Replicas today. Didn't hear much of his stuff after The Pleasure Principle. Can you recommend any of his more recent stuff?
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

'Cars' fab song.

And of course the 'Alan Partridge special' Music for Chameleons' :
      YouTube - Music For Chameleons
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

hi branny/rossobantam
        yes replicas is an awsome album as is telekon and the pleasure principle....as for more recent stuff i would deffo recomend pure and jagged....ive just been listening to jagged in the car..i love it....but he is more into iindustrial music rather than electronic.....he recently done 2 tours based on 2 albums replicas and telekon.....ive just bought the 2 concerts on DVD sound very like the originals.....i have lots of his stuff/albums on mp3 as well as concerts also on DVD
        yes rossobantam music for chameleons is an excellent track
        take care all
        les

Comment

I still recall the time I first saw Gary on Top of the Pops singing 'Are Friends Electric'. An amazing song and a unique singer.

Comment

lol yes i remember it well, he is very unique, you either loved him or hated him....
            i have that same top of the pops version your talking about on DVD...its a dvd made up of gary numans top of the pops appearances from are friends electric to cars.to this wreckage etc(all his top of the pops appearances on one dvd) all excellent stuff ,love it
            take care
            les

Comment

Hello Numanoid

This ad YouTube - Don't Be A Dummy was my introduction to Gary. I was so disappointed that it wasn't him singing on the single.

I'm not particularly a fan but I've always had a soft spot for him. Cars is in my top 10 all time favourite singles. Went to see him in Hammersmith years ago and the love and affection towards him from the audience was phenomenal

I got Replicas one Christmas and spent about half an hour staring at the cover trying to work out what it was about it that made me feel so uneasy. Gave me goosebumps when I finally spotted it Absolutely the freakiest LP cover ever!

What's wrong with this picture? http://www.beggars.com/mailouts/repl...s/packshot.jpg

Comment

is it his, ahem, back to front 'excitement'

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Erm...no, but thanks for making me giggle

Comment

lol
                    the fact that in the reflection in the window his hands are together
                    it was kinda freaky not sure if im right but if you watch phil collins in the air tonight video...is the replicas room in the in the air tonight video (minus the park sign) lol....first album i bought was the pleasure principle...then replicas and then tubeway army
                    out of his new stuff, i just cant stop listening to jagged is a fantastic album you should give it a listen (awsome)
                    take care
                    les
                    p.s dont be a dummy, i didnt know it was numan till about 83ish lol

Comment

Saw him about two years ago in New York. Great show, but he didn't really play anything pre-Pure, which as much I love Pure and the subsequent albums, is a shame. One of the few gigs where I went on my own and ended up meeting some fans from DC in a bar beforehand and had a great time chatting to them. Those guys were serious Numanoids, following him all over the States. Oh to be young, single and with that much money!
                      Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                        Are friends electric was one of the first singles I bought and I'm pretty sure that Complex was the first 12" I bought (may have been Don't bring me down - ELO). Still love Replicas today. Didn't hear much of his stuff after The Pleasure Principle. Can you recommend any of his more recent stuff?

Hey Branny. Gary Numan was awesome but I wish someone would explain to me what the lyrics to " Are Friends Electric " actually mean?

I have the 7 inch picture disc single in mint condition.

Wonder what it would fetch on E Bay?
                        Just curious cos I would never part with it........... unless Gary came in with a massive bid or some spare tickets to one of his upcoming live shows

Comment

hi matey
                          the afe words are from a small story's gary used to write. they dont actualy mean anything lol.
                          as for the picture disk of afe. to be honest they dont fetch much, ive got afe and cars both on 12" and they go for up to £2.50....years ago you would get £30....the price for numan stuff has come down lots in the past few years.....sorry to be the bearer of bad news
                          take care
                          les

Comment

Seriously though, Gary Numan was brilliant. A real synth pioneer

Comment

i never believe everything i read, his best mate and band member died of a drug overdose, so why would numan take drugs.....all **** if you ask me.....but no one knows what goes on behind closed doors do we.

Comment

Working...
                              X