I feel sorry for kids today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel sorry for kids today

They don't have any good cartoons to watch before school, and cartoons after school are don't exist. I remember watching woody woodpecker & friends before school, then when I got home, there was a bunch too choose from. Then saturday mornings. Today there isn't anything.
    So What else are todays kids missing out on?
    http://www.techsupportforum.com

I was thinking about this recently.

My oldest daughter is almost 2, and I'm so greatful that she *at least* has Seasame Street to watch.

What happened to the simple 5 minute cartoons like Bugs Bunny and Porky Pig?

Comment

There are some quite good kids shows for smaller children on CBeebies and CBBC in the UK though. I still watch the Chuckle Brothers with my daughter on a Saturday morning. (To me... to you!)

What do YOU remember about the 70's 80's and 90's?
      Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
      http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

I was never a big fan of Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny and the gang. Too silly for me I guess.

I do remember getting up early on Saturday mornings to catch my favorite cartoons though. I see somoe of the cartoons on tv now and I feel they are just idiotic. I try to keep an open mind about it thinking that perhaps I am seeing things now that I am older, but I still love 80's cartoons and TV shows and I still think they have an element that is lacking in many of todays shows.

www.shinraonline.com
        www.shinraonline.com

Comment

Top Cat remember that? It had crime, action, deadpan humour, a great tune, and a funny cop!

www.fansofbritishtv.com
          Last edited by Rains; 15-03-2005, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by danrak
            They don't have any good cartoons to watch before school, and cartoons after school are don't exist. I remember watching woody woodpecker & friends before school, then when I got home, there was a bunch too choose from. Then saturday mornings. Today there isn't anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com
            I was thinking the same thing too.
            I think the problem with todays generation of kids is they have nothing to look forwards to because they have accses to everything. For eg, mobile phones, having a pc and the internet, games consoles which compared to the 80's early 90's have improved and arent too expensive.

I remember running home to watch childrens itv and childrens bbc, the days when andy peters and philip schofeild presented from inside that broom cupbard. The programmes were aimed for all age groups.

Nowadays the presenters and voice overs on these progrmmes talk as though they are speaking to toddlers, same with the programmes for exampleThe hoobs. What 10 yr old is going to want to watch that before they go to school?
            Last edited by gozaar; 28-09-2006, 02:51.

Comment

There's "Arthur" the Aardvaak. I think that's a brilliant cartoon for kids. I used to watch it before going to work. But yeah, there's not much good kid's tv on nowadays.

I have to say that I think all those '80's Saturday morning programs were awful though - Swap Shop, TisWaz, Saturday Banana. I hated them all. lol. Probably I was getting a bit to old for them by then I don't know. But doesn't every generation think that what they watched on tv was better than what the next generation is watching?

Also don't you think that some of the reasons we still love so many of the old programs we watched as kids is more down to nostalgia than whether the program was actually any good?

I adored the Banana Splits and think that program was absolutely brilliant but I'm not sure that, hand on heart, I could say it was "good".

Comment

If you revisit some of the things you used to watch, a lot of them seem a bit poor! Still like bagpuss though

Comment

Brilliant,hey T C

Comment

Saturdays were kool TISWAS was a classic.

Today
                    Is
                    Saturday
                    Wake-up
                    And
                    Smile

Comment

What about the Justice League and after that there was always the classic Scooby doo. :-D

Comment

Woody woodpecker was awsome, my fav was Andy Pandy though. lol.

Comment

The Batman Animated series is so kool, classic even and paved the way for a shorter lived Superman series, and hte way kool Justice League series which rocks, loved it trying to spot which characters I knew, form the Green Lantern Corps, Jonah Hex, or the Shining Knight, and the Teen Titans, funny and kool too, nice theme tune also, and now theres a Legion of Superheroes series nice.

Comment

Multicoloured Swap shop.... I was gutted when I didnt win the Status Quo prizes!
                            and as for Cartoons.... none can beat.........CAPTAIN CAVEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Mrs Oggy
                            ~~~*~~~*~~~
                            Count your friends amongst the stars....
                            And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Captain Caveman.....what were his girls called though thats a question?

Comment

Working...
                              X