Then Jericho...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then Jericho...

I was in a pub in Balham about 7 years ago and there was a guy in there who looked oddly familiar. A hanger-on that was with him informed me it was Mark Shaw from Then Jericho. Having been a fan (shameful) and having his picture on my bedroom wall as a schooly I promptly ditched the mate I was with, made a beeline for him and ended up out on the lash with him for the night! Oh, and I snogged one of Aswad a few years before that - don't know which one, they were all HOT!! Anyone out there got any celebrity snogs/encounters under their belt?
    "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
    sigpic

Re: Then Jericho...

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
    I was in a pub in Balham about 7 years ago and there was a guy in there who looked oddly familiar. A hanger-on that was with him informed me it was Mark Shaw from Then Jericho. Having been a fan (shameful) and having his picture on my bedroom wall as a schooly I promptly ditched the mate I was with, made a beeline for him and ended up out on the lash with him for the night! Oh, and I snogged one of Aswad a few years before that - don't know which one, they were all HOT!! Anyone out there got any celebrity snogs/encounters under their belt?
    Not too many. Paul Young bought me a sausage sandwich for breakfast when i was in the queue behind him at a rehearsal studio cafeteria and realized I'd ordered, but didn't have enough change. Then there was the time I was in a nightclub on the sidelines looking for some friends who had disappeared into the dark dance floor and this guy starts complaining to me about the music, thinking it would be more edgy or something. Eventually, he introduced himself and it was Dave Ball, the guy with the mustache who played the keyboards in Soft Cell. I did my best not to be a little starstruck as we stood by the dancefloor and chatted for about 4 hours. He actually gave me his card and told me to go round to his studio anytime (he was still in The Grid, and writing and producing for Kylie Minogue at the time) but I never had the nuts to call him. Stupid really, I could have had a job in the industry now if I did.

Oh, and yes. Like Vince Clarke, he was the straight one, so that wasn't the reason I didn't call him...
    Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

My mate is currently the drummer for Then Jericho,Mark Shaw is still living the dream although not so light on his feet nowadays.

Comment

Went to se Then Jerico at the barrow lands in Glasgow i always wondered what happened to them x

Comment

Working...
        X