Video board games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video board games

Did any of you have board games with an interactive VHS that were a hit in the 90s?
    Me and my sis had 3, they were Atmosfear (The Harbingers), Party Mania and You've Been Framed.

We no longer have Party Mania, but I remember some of the in-game characters asking you to pick up chore cards, especially one young boy who would often smash something.

Re: Video board games

I played this Star Trek one:
    Star Trek: The Next Generation, A Klingon Challenge | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

It was enjoyable at first run, as a novelty, but it wasn't worth playing again.
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

I still have Atmosfear: The Harbingers, I still think its a cracking game to this day. I remember a good few years back one summer me and a few friends were addicted to it, I have to admit that I wish I could have played it at midnight with the lights off etc, the way it was meant to be played!

A few years back they released a DVD version of the original atmosfear with the gatekeeper but it wasn't half as good or as spooky, then they released another DVD with the mummy as the main character. There was a rumour at one point that someone was considering turning Atmosfear into a full-blown movie but I suppose its probably just best left as a board game!

Comment

I had You've Been Framed. It was played once and believe it is now in the loft. I remember the craze for this sort of game. I also seem to remember we had one which involved mice and cheese. One for you Heather?
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

First attempt

Rap Rat??

Rap Rat Video Board Game | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic307726_md.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	258636
          Heather

Comment

That was most definitely it Heather! Well done again!
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

My friend's sister had one that sounded like Atmosfear, it was narrated by a young woman with latex face make up, which made here look like the little sister of Pigsy from Monkey.

There were also some game with just an audio tape, Go Fetch It one that comes to mind.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
              X