Help identify obscure early 80s psychological horror movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identify obscure early 80s psychological horror movie

A stalky teenager in a Letterman (football) jacket filling his pockets with rocks and walking into the ocean (to commit suicide?)

I vaguely remember a scene where his dead body was on a dimly lit exam table (in a hospital?) I believe a doctor was beginning to drill into his forehead when the kid woke up suddenly screaming "Mommy!!" I remember that part well because it scared the hell out of me.

That's about all I can remember. It might not even be worth finding, but it's killing me to remember what it was.

I know there's not much to go on, but like I said its an obscure film. I estimate it was showing on tv or pay tv somewhere between 81-83, just a guess. And I think it was a psychological thriller or horror flick. I believe there was much to do with this kids brain/mind and him committing/attempting suicide as well as something major about his mom. I think she was a bad person, but again most of it is a blur.

If it helps any, I think this movie was similar in feel to "The reincarnation of Peter Proud" starring Margot Kidder. I remember it was airing around the same time.

Thanks much for ANY leads!!
Working...
X