Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Avon Book...

Hey Guys,

Whose Mum used to get the Avon Book when they were kids? I remember poring over it for ages, asking Mum to order stuff and promising to pay her back when it had arrived (I probably never did pay her back come to think of it!). Fudge Brownie and Iced Champink lipsticks (I think they still do them today) and crazy eyeliners that had 2 colours twisted through them - usually horrendous combinations - I had a turquoise and yellow one. And of course the 2 make up items NO self respecting girl of the eighties could afford to be without - BLUE mascara and eyeliner!

When I was about 7 I got my ears pierced and from the Avon Book, Mum bought me a little box to keep my studs in. It was dark blue, circular and about 2 inches in diameter. It had a moon and stars on top and 2 of the stars were actually stud earrings which went through little holes in the lid of the box to form part of the picture. Does anybody else remember these, or better, have one or a picture of one?

"...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
    sigpic

Re: The Avon Book...

The avon woman used to call at my house regularly, not that I ever bought anything from it.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
      The avon woman used to call at my house regularly, not that I ever bought anything from it.
      You never bought anything? You strike me as a glittery eyeshadow kinda guy!! or is that only at weekends?...... LOL!
      "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
      sigpic

Comment

Only on special occassions, but ssh don't tell anyone
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Ding Dong Avon Calling

We still have our local Avon Lady dont know her real name we just call her the "Avon Lady" poor love

I remember collecting a few of my parents aftershave and perfume bottles, my Dad had a lovely brown glass lion shaped one, I myself was bought a plastic daisy broach that contained solid perfume I can still remember the smell to this day very sweet and girly
          Heather

Comment

the Avon Lady calls here every week....my missus is a spendaholic

And now my 16yr old daughter is getting in on the act too...so that's twice the expense
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I AM the Avon lady!!!

tulip

Comment

Originally posted by tulip View Post
                I AM the Avon lady!!!

tulip
                DING DONG, TULIP CALLING!!

I'll have 2 Iced Champink lipsticks and a bottle of Quick Touch please!

God bless you girl! You're a national institution!

T x
                sigpic

Comment

Iced Champink and Cafe au lait were my favs.!

tulip

Comment

We were very excited by the Avon catalogue (and Kays for that matter) I remember my Mother ordered Moon Wind and Topaz perfume.
                    Squirrel

Comment

I remember my Mum occasionally getting some items from them, just recently I spotted one in the kitchen at work.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                      X