Who wants to play balancing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to play balancing?

We'd play 'balancing' (our own rubbish name). This would just be a few of us in a line, balancing along fences or walls. We started with knee-high garden fences, but true to the commandos we thought we were (70s boys, eh?) we tried higher fences and walls with six feet drops to pavements below. And on the walls, we got so cocky, we'd run along them.

Makes me shudder to think of us doing it now, and worse, encouraging smaller kids that needed 'training up' into seasoned balancers. And there was no mischeif here....we genuinely wanted to teach them. But one of us could have been killed. Anyway, that's present-day me thinking. Little 70s me was always asking, 'Who wants to play balancing?'

And the worst we saw was a few grazed legs, a bruised chin and a couple of lads clutching their bits in agony.

Great free fun! And a close relation to 'jumping off walls' and 'jumping down steps'.

...Jamo

Re: Who wants to play balancing?

We sort of played a milder version or this but we called it follow the leader, where ever the leader went you followed be it along walls, jumping hedges and brooks, up the slide the wrong way in the park ,walking the seesaw etc, where he or she went you had to dare follow.
    Heather

Comment

Working...
    X