B Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B Movie

I was taken to the pictures to see Spiderman in 1978 .. my God but it was awful. The visual effects were **** - even for that particular time period. Think it was the guy out of Herbie in the starring role.

The thing is... the B movie was better. It had a wee boy was in a plane crash in the desert .... he had to survive the blistering heat for days with his sister ( I think ) and a wee dog , until rescuers eventually found them both at the end of the movie. I cant remember the name of the movie but the name Benji keeps springing to mind... I was wondering if anyone remembers the film and does anyone know what happened to the wee laddie that had the starring role ?

Re: B Movie

Possibly this:

Dirkie (also known as Lost in the Desert)

Dirkie (1969)
    Watch Lost in the Desert Online Free - Full Length Movies - Trailers - Reviews - Stream Movies

Reading about it, it certainly rings bells with me.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

The bloke from Spider man was Nicholas Hammond. He was one of the Von Trapp children from The sound of music. The spider man movie spawned a tv series which i remember watching in the 70's and i think there was a sequel called the dragon's challenge which iirc was released as a double feature with sinbad and the eye of the tiger.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
        POssibly this:

Dirkie (also known as Lost in the Desert)

Dirkie (1969)
        Watch Lost in the Desert Online Free - Full Length Movies - Trailers - Reviews - Stream Movies

Reading about it, it certainly rings bells with me.

That's the film Herr Grunwald ........Thanks.

Should have got the name of the film - Lost In The Desert - its exacly what the film is about , isnt it ?

No mention of the sister but think I might have been mixing this film up with a similar movie that starred a a young Jenny Agguter of An American Wherewolf In London fame. Can't remember the name of that movie either.... can anyone help?

Branny... thankyou to you and Herr Grunwald for jogging my memory so well.

The guy out of Herbie was in another dreadful film at that time and this was the movie I was thinking of when I mentioned him... it was called Mr Super Invisible. { the movie was actually worse than the title suggests - if that is at all possible ) I was only 10yrs old and cringed my way through that particular B Movie.

I think the reason for my confusion was because Spiderman and Mr Super Invisible were on the same billing.

The worst double bill of all time ? Probably.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchStantonsGhost View Post

Should have got the name of the film - Lost In The Desert - its exacly what the film is about , isnt it ?

No mention of the sister but think I might have been mixing this film up with a similar movie that starred a a young Jenny Agguter of An American Wherewolf In London fame. Can't remember the name of that movie either.... can anyone help?

The guy out of Herbie was in another dreadful film at that time and this was the movie I was thinking of when I mentioned him... it was called Mr Super Invisible. { the movie was actually worse than the title suggests - if that is at all possible ) I was only 10yrs old and cringed my way through that particular B Movie.

I think the reason for my confusion was because Spiderman and Mr Super Invisible were on the same billing.

The feature movie I seen Lost In The Desert with just came to me .....................

it was Zulu { doh - how could I forget } !

Comment

Originally posted by ArchStantonsGhost View Post

GReat glad thats it

The Jenny Agutter one is Walkabout
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Jenny Agutter in her... ahem.... 'uniform' and later on 'out of' said uniform
              sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Working...
              X