cosmetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cosmetics

cosmetics in a red package from boots (no 17?)

a special edition white foundation at boots?

twilight teaser lipstick (miss selfridges?)

does anyone remeber these?

Re: cosmetics

My sister confirms that she thinks she got her Twilight Teaser Lipstic from Boots. No. 17. i remember her wearing it with yellow and pink eyeshadow!
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Heather Shimmer by Rimmell - i wore this lipstick all the time! Also Barry M cosmetics and things from the Body Shop were popular too, like their Blue Ice Shampoo and Fuzzy Peach perfume!

Comment

I remember the Rimmel packaging and the Heather Shimmer Lippy,but not white foundation or twilight teaser.For me it was Constance Carroll from Semi chem,usually a pale pink lip colour.Ice sham pink and Cafe au lait lippy from avon.I remember the Fuzzy peach perfume,but my fav was dewberry

tulip

Comment

I use to love the Body shops Dewberry. It came in small or large plastic bottles and was really oily but you only needed a tiny dab or it knocked you out!
          My favourite perfume as a teenager was exclamation
          My first make-up bag was made up of bits given to me by my mum and sister, the really awful bright blue eye shadow and shocking pink lipsticks.
          Dont think stuff like make-up had a shelf life back then it was probably years old

Also just thinking of Mum's and cosmetics I use to be fascinated watching my mum apply hers.
          The whole mouth and eyes wide open thing at the same time and licking her mascara before she put it on ...What was all that about?

I'm sure I dont do it.lol
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            I use to love the Body shops Dewberry. It came in small or large plastic bottles and was really oily but you only needed a tiny dab or it knocked you out!
            My favourite perfume as a teenager was exclamation
            My first make-up bag was made up of bits given to me by my mum and sister, the really awful bright blue eye shadow and shocking pink lipsticks.
            Dont think stuff like make-up had a shelf life back then it was probably years old

Also just thinking of Mum's and cosmetics I use to be fascinated watching my mum apply hers.
            The whole mouth and eyes wide open thing at the same time and licking her mascara before she put it on ...What was all that about?

I'm sure I dont do it.lol
            licking her mascara.
            maybe she liked the taste H.

Do u lick your mascara and open your mouth wide( might catch a few flies) when u put your makeip on H.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

licking her mascara before she put it on
              Are you sure it was mascara, Hugs?
              My mum, along with a lot of older women used to lick her eyebrow pencil before applying it, but she never licked her mascara!
              Maybe your mum liked the taste of mascara though, I don't know. LOL!
              sigpic
              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Now you mention it Kaz it probably was an eyebrow pencil
                Heather

Comment

Now you mention it Kaz it probably was an eyebrow pencil
                  Have you asked your mum?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                    Have you asked your mum?
                    Nope. Pretty sure what her answer will be! I'll ask her tomorrow
                    Heather

Comment

I trained at my college for Beauty Therapy, and that Mascara mentioned came in Cake Form, we used to spit on it, rub the brush in and heypresto, instant mascara?

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
                        I trained at my college for Beauty Therapy, and that Mascara mentioned came in Cake Form, we used to spit on it, rub the brush in and heypresto, instant mascara?
                        Ah ha Maybe I'm not crazy after all Maybe?
                        Heather

Comment

H - do you remember that too?

Was it in a burgundy 2 section make up box of black eyeliner substance?

I reckon we are looking at Rimmel or possibly Woolworth Brand Evyette? (Remember that?)

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
                            Ah now, I remember my mum doing this too now you mention it! Spitting into the actual case of mascara 'cake' and then rubbing the brush in it.
                            It was like this pic below. I bet your mum did both, Heather

Click image for larger version

Name:	mascara.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	259901
                            sigpic

Comment

I remember watching women put their mascara on when I was a kid in the 60's. It came in a flat compact, rectangular solid block of mascara and a brush a bit like a flat toothbrush. Yes they'd spit on it.

Note to self - remember to check if there's a page two.

Last edited by ClaudineJones; 18-03-2011, 04:15.

Comment

Working...
                              X