Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• children of today

they must have real difficulty understanding old songs, books etc,

look at the famous five - why didnt they just use their mobile phone to call for help when they had a problem rather than spend hours trying to get home across swollen streams etc?

LOL

Re: children of today

How about the other way around - go back to Goldfinger and tell Cubby Broccoli that you will one day have a handheld device that will tell you where you are, scan documents and transmit them and make phone calls.

No wonder they felt that they could ditch Q.

Comment

Kids aren't allowed to climb tress under H&S legislation and personal litigation. Schools are not taking kids out on school outings anymore for fear of being sued should little Johhny/Mary fall out of a tree
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        Kids aren't allowed to climb tress under H&S legislation and personal litigation. Schools are not taking kids out on school outings anymore for fear of being sued should little Johhny/Mary fall out of a tree
        I don't remember being allowed to climb trees when I was at school in the 1980s - 90s.

It helps when people don't believe all the rubbish the papers / right wing websites print.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Good point Richard
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Crazy aint it.

Part of school outings are having scrapes and falls.
            Im sure at least ninety per cen
            t of parents would not sue the school if there kids got hurt on outings as long as the teachers did all in there power to take care of them.

sure sopme teachers are afraid of even touching a pupil to clean there wounds.

Im glad as kid i grew up when i did.

suing the school in our day would never have entered parents heads if they had a fall.

Originally posted by twocky61 View Post
            kids aren't allowed to climb tress under h&s legislation and personal litigation. Schools are not taking kids out on school outings anymore for fear of being sued should little johhny/mary fall out of a tree
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Teachers are not allowed to treat pupils if they fall over and hurt themselves, so I've been told (I don't think it is a falsehood)...
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
              X