Pod shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod shoes

Remember Pod shoes from the 70s and 80s? Well it seems they never went away... Pod recently contacted me to let me know about their new range of shoes and if you liked the originals, you'll love these:

http://www.pod-footwear.com

Check 'em out... Wonder if they've got any in my size - I have huge size 13s!
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Pod shoes

What no ladies shoes :cry:

But there are some great kids school shoes
    Heather

Comment

Pod sandals anyone?

When I was at comprehensive school in about 1984/5 we used to wear POD SANDALS. The lads wore red ones and baby pink ones and the girls wore blue or yellow ones with 'pod tags' on! They were great. I had loads of those tags in different colours. I had a bright red pair of POD SANDALS I thought I was the dogs *******.
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

My sister had some Pod shoes in the 1990s, might have been loafers, but can't exactly remember.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Ah, 70's shoes.

I took some serious stick because I loved, as the most comfortable shoes I had ever worn, by and for a country mile, the original Clarks Nature Trek.

Yes, the cornish pasty shoe.
          Vintage Paper Ads - 1977 Clarks Nature Trek, Town Trek Shoe Ad

As someone with very broad feet, all trainers and most shoes creased uncomfortably across my toes.

I'm still a Clarks wearer.
          "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Comment

Yes I remember Pod but does anybody remember Kios shoes? Think Adidas stan smith but in colours like red, navy and purple. They had a red rectangle on the back with the brand name on. Not many people of my age group remember them.
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Re: Pod sandals anyone?

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
              When I was at comprehensive school in about 1984/5 we used to wear POD SANDALS. The lads wore red ones and baby pink ones and the girls wore blue or yellow ones with 'pod tags' on! They were great. I had loads of those tags in different colours. I had a bright red pair of POD SANDALS I thought I was the dogs *******.
              yeah i remember pod sandals well, had quite a collection in all colours, faves were probably the twin strap in baby blue, wish could get another pair

Comment

I dont recall Pod, but did anyone own a pair of 'troop' trainers

I did, lol, i loved em at the time.

And did anyone ever put those grolsch bottle tops on trainers

Comment

I got told "Pod Boaters were popular, I guess they were a type of deck shoes?

Originally posted by branny View Post
                  Yes I remember Pod but does anybody remember Kios shoes? Think Adidas stan smith but in colours like red, navy and purple. They had a red rectangle on the back with the brand name on. Not many people of my age group remember them.
                  They were pratically a brand invented of the time during the football casuals. People were dying their stan smiths, Kickers etc in different colours, they sort of silently caught onto to what they were doing and made their own shoes called "Kios" and shoes called "Kios Rider" a ankle boot and "Kios low".

They came in a load of bright colours, such as below, and colours like Petrol, Red etc.

Last edited by marccarran; 01-10-2009, 13:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy View Post
                    I dont recall Pod, but did anyone own a pair of 'troop' trainers

I did, lol, i loved em at the time.
                    My bro had Pods, I had a pair of Troops, got them from the Duffer of ST George in Carnaby Street. IIRC they went bust after a rumour that the company director made some rascist comments and their SCLA factory got torched. At the time though they were the daddy.

Originally posted by Tracy View Post
                    And did anyone ever put those grolsch bottle tops on trainers
                    Wasn't that the Brosettes that did that to their shoes and jackets?

I remember people having Kickers and having lots of the tags on them. It was strange really as one poor girl wore them before they became "trendy" and people used to call her "duck bill platypus shoes".

Another blast from the past - Travel Fox.

Comment

Re: Pod sandals anyone?

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                      A Picture from POD! The memories!!!!
                      Attached Files
                      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by remember View Post
                        Remember Pod shoes from the 70s and 80s? Well it seems they never went away... Pod recently contacted me to let me know about their new range of shoes and if you liked the originals, you'll love these:

Wholesale Footwear, Shoe Supplier

Check 'em out... Wonder if they've got any in my size - I have huge size 13s!
                        I used to wear pods during the eighties Simular to the pedros but burgandy (Size 13 myself these days)I Had typical 80's clothing.simular to some i have seen in ashes to ashes.Those were the days
                        sigpic

Comment

I remember Kio's. They had KIO logo on the sole so it left the logo in a bit of mud or sand. hehe.
                          Originally posted by branny View Post

Comment

the podman survives, wish still had the sandals 2 go wiv it, not quite the same wiv kickers, lol
                            Last edited by remember; 23-03-2010, 10:41.

Comment

I loved my pod sandals. Had a yellow pair and swapped my pod man with my bezzie mate to get a blue one. I'd love a pair of those pods now if I could get them.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                              X