Hangovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangovers

So what reminds of you of your first hangovers?

Just heard Buffalo Stance by Neneh Cherry tonight and it took me back to when I first started drinking regularly and feeling **** the next day.

Used to hit the student bars on Friday night after school and have a few pints and get hammered. Then go home and end up watching tv till 3 or 4 in the morning trying not to be sick from lying down and getting the helicopters.

Saturday morning would be spent recovering before playing rugby on the afternoon and then starting the cycle all over again.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: Hangovers

I get reminded of my first one most Sat and Sun mornings when I wake up with this strangely inexplicable headache

Comment

dont think ive ever had a hangover and im 37.

i do take an odd drink perhaps one pint every two yrs.

the one time i did drink too much i never got a hangover so trying to remember what makes me think of my first hangover is pretty hard.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

What the? Are you me HG? That reads the same as what I would have put. What code did you play?

I ended up stopping drinking apart from special and odd occasions. I used to get a terrible headache even while drinking that totally put me off it. I could get around it by drinking shorts, but when you have a full team and you are trying to keep pace, then shorts seem like a bad choice.

I remember on my 18th Birthday I got so drunk that when I woke up the next day I was still drunk, so instead of waking up into a hang over I slid into it as the day passed. I had to work and all.

Comment

I got plied with whisky at a Burn's supper a few years ago. A 'mate' kept topping up my glass when I wasn't looking. Apparently, I'd downed nearly 3/4 of a bottle of Glenmorangie and anyway, it helped to drown out the screeching racket of bagpipes being played badly. The rest of that night was something I'd like to forget. Apparently, I puked up in the hotel lobby and fell, fully dressed in rented highland wear, into the ornamental pond and fountain outside!!!!! I woke up in hospital from that little episode and haven't been to a Burn's night since.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            What the? Are you me HG? That reads the same as what I would have put. What code did you play?
            I played union, was a winger (mainly because i was pap so they stuck me out the way )

I don't drink too much these days, a couple of drinks on a weekend with more on special occasions.

Comment

I don't get hangovers anymore. It's great!

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
                I played union, was a winger (mainly because i was pap so they stuck me out the way )

I don't drink too much these days, a couple of drinks on a weekend with more on special occasions.
                Union too. Played right through my teens into my 20's and then had to stop due to an injury. Started off as hooker, went to flank as as I didn't bulk up enough ended up on the wing. I did well there because I was faster than almost all of the other players I ever came across. I took a lot of nasty hits though from people far bigger than me. I'm pretty sure they used to gang up on me sometimes.

Comment

I played a bit at flanker too but like you wasn't big enough. I took some big hits on the wing but didn't get injured by them. I stopped at about 20 and tried to start again at 30 but didn't last more than a few weeks, hurt too much and my pace had gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X