The band RUSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The band RUSH

Hey everyone. What do you all think of the rock band RUSH? I love their work and think Neil Peart has to be one of the most talented drummers out in the industry. For all you other RUSH fans out there, who weren't aware already, they just came out with an awesome double disc DVD called RUSH-R30 to celebrate their 30th anniversary together. I was lucky enough to get a copy from a friend at umvd and I have to say, its a must have for any fan. Filmed with high definition cameras, their 2004 Frankfurt Germany concert is in great quality. The DVD also has extra footage of the bands music, work, and interviews they've done over the years. For more information on the DVD, you can check out: http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Relea...y/rush_r30.htm

Signals is my favourite Rush album although my favourite song is Red Barchetta from Moving Pictures. I wasn't so keen on their last proper album - Vapor Trails, though.

I think they got unfairly dimissed by many as just heavy rock over the years like my other faves - Blue Oyster Cult.

Comment

Got the LP Farewell to Kings. Good stuff.
      Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Comment

I lost my virginity to Rush - my 1st BF was a big Rush fan.

Comment

saw them in 1979/80 on the hemipheres tour, brilliant andd still are today.

Comment

Listen to The Suffering by Coheed & Cambria : http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/15691585

i love coheed and got into rush because of them..they are the modern day rush. my mom loves both bands as well.

Comment

A friend of mine was well into Rush he said they were the Dogs B*****s I bought an album wheels of industry, green cover? wasn't thta impressed with them there again my friend was heavily into Status Quo too, and was a member of the patch mob, wore a denim jacket covered in sew on patches. Another firend got me into Hawkwind and Pink Flloyd they were kool.

Comment

hi guys..

Rush are my favourite Band of all time, got into them first when I heard 'spirit of Radio' from the Permanant Waves Album in 1980 and loved it..then I bought 2112 and never looked back!1 lol.. seen them three times over the years in glasgow and once on Detroit, Michigan on holiday..fantastic musicians and technically superb in their Genre..still would go and see them play tomorrow but i waited 14 years to see them between the last twice they played here!! lol...

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Comment

awwwwwwww you're a big softie Rab, the album I got, rather bought because of my mate Scully was ok, but not really my cup of tea, or coffee even.

Comment

Re: The band RUSH

excellent band.
                    saw them in 92, but have listened to them on and off for years

Comment

Comment

My husband (at the time my boyfriend) used to listen to Rush when we started dating back in 1981 and I got hooked on them too, he went to the Signals tour and we both went to the Hold Your Fire one and now in the autumn he's taking the kids to see Rush (suddenly I'm feeling old!) They were fantastic live so i'm sure they'll have agreat time, it'll be my daughter's first gig too ^_^

My fave Rush albums are probably Permanent Waves, Exit Stage Left, Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure, 21-12,although its so hard to choose with so much good stuff! I prefer the older pre Power Windows material, in fact I think I may just pop on Bi-tor & the Snow Dog right now

Comment

One of the best bands ever! Back in... late 80 maybe early 81 at Colonial High School in Orlando, Florida - we had these three guys in a band - don't even know what they called themselves - but they always did good in school shows and all. The singer had a Red Fireglo Rickenbacker 4001 bass - I still see that guitar. So this one cool, crisp fall day under a perfect blue sky they had set up in the courtyard and were playing during lunch breaks. They did LIMELIGHT and I'll never forget that song - it was perfect for that time - those moments as our high school graduation approached.

Comment

Yeah Like Rush too but bothered with them in years. The 70's stuff is my favourite era of that Band, 2112 etc.. classic stuff.

If you like Rush then you should check out Porcupine Tree... LIke now!

Comment

Saw them at the Queen's Hall Leeds back in 1980, a great gig and a good live band but I never realy got into them because on vinyl they never realy did it for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X