Anyone play a musical instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play a musical instrument

Did a search couldn't find a thread about playing a musical instrument anyone play?

I took up playing the drums at 49 yrs been playing now for 18 months and luving it
    I did dabble when I was younger and wished I'd taken it up mum and dad couldn't afford a drum kit, kids today are so lucky.

Re: Anyone play a musical instrument

I started piano lessons at around 8 years old and carried on until I was about 12, but I much prefered playing be ear. I used to listen to TV themes and then play them. I just thought it was quite ordinary but adults used to get rather over-excited when they heard me!

Comment

I play the bass if anyone is interested in joining a band as my drummer has emigrated to Canada and singer and guitarist lives too far away.
      "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

I learnt to play the acoustic guitar at 17, played it for about 2 years and then gradually stopped, wish I hadn't. I doubt I could remember how to play now. :cry:
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Bit far for me to travel to Cornwall looks like you 3 have the makings of a band though

Comment

Originally posted by liferocks View Post
            Bit far for me to travel to Cornwall looks like you 3 have the makings of a band though
            LOL! How about it Marine Boy and frame?
            We could be called The Pasties!
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Why not?

Comment

I play guitar,electric and acoustic

Comment

Lancaster???? So they finally managed to move into the electronic age up there did they. Born and bred in Skerton, went to Our Lady's High School but escaped to the Isle of Man for two years after finishing my nurse training at the Royal albert Hospital before settling for the past 17 years in Brum. How is the old town? I imagine the old place may have changed somewhat wince I was last up there 6-7 years ago.
                  sigpic
                  Mrs Oggy
                  ~~~*~~~*~~~
                  Count your friends amongst the stars....
                  And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Originally posted by MommaMystique View Post
                    Lancaster???? So they finally managed to move into the electronic age up there did they. Born and bred in Skerton, went to Our Lady's High School but escaped to the Isle of Man for two years after finishing my nurse training at the Royal albert Hospital before settling for the past 17 years in Brum. How is the old town? I imagine the old place may have changed somewhat wince I was last up there 6-7 years ago.
                    Hi Lancastrian, the old Kingsway baths is now highrise appartments which they can't sell :cry: a new shopping development has been stopped by the greens Lancashire County Council are going to build a lorry link to Heysham even though 95% of people in Lancaster don't want it nothing changes here

Comment

I've wanted to learn to play an instrument but have really bad co-ordination. My family had a keyboard in the late 1980s to mid 1990s but it was really hard to play as there was no echo at all.

A few weeks ago I won a mouth organ at a fair & have had ideas about learning to play it.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I'm a pretty Flash guitarist

Comment

I played Drums for a New Wave band in the early 80's.
                          We were poor - especially my drumming!

Can play piano/keyboards quite proficiently. Better then Linda McCartney anyway!
                          I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

Ah, but how are your vegetarian meals?
                            I always liked Linda Mcartney meals, but they needed beef, so I always added 2lbs of beef for every gram of vegetables.
                            Just to be on the safe side.
                            I also write bad songs and sing badly, but only on Wednesdays.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
                              Ah, but how are your vegetarian meals?
                              I always liked Linda Mcartney meals, but they needed beef, so I always added 2lbs of beef for every gram of vegetables.
                              Just to be on the safe side.
                              I also write bad songs and sing badly, but only on Wednesdays.
                              You have to admit she's pretty good at being dead! Not as good as Mozart but he was a Genius!
                              I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

Working...
                              X