Mousse?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mousse?!?!?

Does anyone remember a chocolate mousse from the 70s in a brown, round plastic tub, kind of flower shaped with a cardboard lid. On top of the mousse was a circle of cream flowers around the edge with one in the middle which left a bit on the lid when opened. I think they also did choc orange and mint??

Re: Mousse?!?!?

Daz posted some images here
    https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/food-drink/1893-super-mousse-3.html#post94224
    How I miss those additives...

Comment

Just looking at the pics again - they're different pots. I remember the flower shaped ones. Brown for chocolate and pink for strawberry. But weren't they just plain mousse, no cream? Or is my mind playing tricks?

Comment

Wengy Craig did an advert for Birds eye CHOCOLATE LOVELY DESERT
        Heather

Comment

That's Supermousse* which is what triggered my memory in the first place but it's not the one. It was chocolate and in a brown tub.

* Link BBC iPlayer - Time Shift: Series 9: Farm to Pharma: The Rise and Rise of Food Science
          38m 20s

Comment

Originally posted by mousseman View Post
            Does anyone remember a chocolate mousse from the 70s in a brown, round plastic tub, kind of flower shaped with a cardboard lid. On top of the mousse was a circle of cream flowers around the edge with one in the middle which left a bit on the lid when opened. I think they also did choc orange and mint??
            i can picture excatly what you mean i dont know about choc orange and mint but i remeber the strawberry one and i remeber licking the blob of cream off the lid - every time, and the edges of the mousse plastic were kind of scoopy as well

Comment

If they were chocolate with a little blob of cream in the middle they were called 'Lovelys' and it's driving me mad to find them now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by angelboy View Post
                If they were chocolate with a little blob of cream in the middle they were called 'Lovelys' and it's driving me mad to find them now!!!
                I really wish they would bring these back, best dessert EVER!!! If they can do it with Arctic Roll, petition anyone?
                Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Comment

Used to love a nice mousse. They were always in the frozen section and it was hell waiting for them to thaw, almost as bad as waiting for a jelly to set.
                  "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by mousseman View Post
                    oooooooooo yeahhhhhh........i remember those.............my fav puds at one time...........yummy yaroooooo

Comment

Working...
                    X