Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me with name of these chocolates please??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with name of these chocolates please??

Hi there all, during the late 70s early 80s, I would sometimes be treated to a box of chocolates, if I had been good!! I always chose a specific box, and I think they were called something like Carousel or similar. The box was mainly white in colour, and the chocolate selection included a green marzipan sweet and some pink sweet too. Sorry, bit vague, I cant remember which company made them either, have looked high and low on internet for a pic, but failed.Starting to think I actually dreamt them up?!
    Can anyone help???

Re: Help me with name of these chocolates please??

I can definitely remember chocolates called Carousel so you haven't dreamt them , to be honest I thought they were still around.

I'll have a dig around and see what I can find.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by wonder woman View Post
      The box was mainly white in colour, and the chocolate selection included a green marzipan sweet and some pink sweet too.
      I remember a box of chocolates called Weekend that IIRC could fit the description. Can't find any images or info, just other nostalgia sites asking if anyone remembers them.

Edit; Made by Terry's according to another site.
      Last edited by ClaudineJones; 22-05-2009, 17:00.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
        I remember a box of chocolates called Weekend that IIRC could fit the description. Can't find any images or info, just other nostalgia sites asking if anyone remembers them.

Edit; Made by Terry's according to another site.
        Was thinking Weekend myself. They stood out because they weren't all fully covered in chocolate. Used to like the marzipan ones. Yum.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Thanks Huggy for pic

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
            Thanks Huggy for pic
            The sight of that 'Fruit Jelly' and 'Lemon Slice' still make me shudder even today.

Comment

The one that I thought a bit yukky was 'lime candy'.
              sigpic
              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Fruit Jelly looks like something a vet just found and is trying to get named after themselves!

The lime one looks okay - love Key Lime pie!

Comment

The top row were the only ones worth bothering with.

Comment

almost identical, late 70's you could get boxes of those 'lemon slices', with orange slices too....loved them
                    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Terrys of York stopped making Carousel Years ago, when Terrys were bought out , they phased out Carousel, Spartan, Marzipan Bars...the list goes on and kept the "power brands" like all gold and chocolate orange...shame really because they had some great products.

My dad worked for 35 years there before it was closed and moved to various places like Poland ect...cheap labour ...no tradition.

I used to have so much choc from there , the Factory shop and a few damaged boxes hehe.

Terrier

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier View Post
                        Terrys of York stopped making Carousel Years ago, when Terrys were bought out , they phased out Carousel, Spartan, Marzipan Bars...the list goes on and kept the "power brands" like all gold and chocolate orange...shame really because they had some great products.

My dad worked for 35 years there before it was closed and moved to various places like Poland ect...cheap labour ...no tradition.

I used to have so much choc from there , the Factory shop and a few damaged boxes hehe.

Terrier
                        I remember the marzipan bars, distinctive yellow wrapper. There was only one shop locally that sold them which was on the way home from the local swimming baths so it was a nice treat after a swim. I used to love Spartan. My Grans friend used to buy her chocolates for birthdays/christmas but she hated hard centres which pretty much meant they were mine. My favourite Terrys were Neapolitans. I could eat them by the box. Do they still do them?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier View Post
                          Terrys of York stopped making Carousel Years ago, when Terrys were bought out
                          Thanks for confirming they did once exist i was beginning to think I'd imagined them as I couldn't find anything about them anywhere.
                          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Mmmm, that green sweetie looks nice!! Not too confident about the two little brown ones clumped together though...
                            "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                            sigpic

Comment

Some more Terrys products i remeber are.

Logger bars.

Nut cracker...shape of a large nut , two halves filled with caramel and a hazlenut inside.

Pyramints...Pyramid shaped with a mint fondant, and had a tendency to leak and was in a card wrapper.

Waifa...Two bar , came in plain and milk and did a mint one for a short time, could never compete with Kit Kat

Peppermints, small peppermint round tablets made with peppermint oil and came in a cute little box with a picture of a peppermint plant on the front.

Pastilles, came in a tube and had two flavours, one was blackcurrent not sure what the the other flavour was lemon and lime in think.

Take two bars, two small bars of marzipan and there was another flavour again not sure but it was white in texture.

Harlequin, a chocolate selection, came in a roses type box and alsoin tins.

Terrys chocolate ginger, stem ginger covered in plain chocolate, came in a box...black red and gold box i think.

Hazlenut whirls ,Milk chocolate swirl with a whole hazlenut inside, again in a box like harlequin.

Sugared Almonds...one of a favourite of mine....pastle coloured hard shells oval in shape with an almond inside.

Now there was neopolitans...but they did some with a soft centre...not sure what these where called.

Im sure ill think of some more...hope these bring back some memories.

Terrier.

Comment

Working...
                              X