Sunday teatime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday teatime

We all had roast dinner on Sunday, but in my house we also had a Sunday teatime ritual too.

This was usually salmon and cucumber sandwiches, peaches and evaporated milk and battenburg cake.

Anyone else?
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Re: Sunday teatime

OMG Kaz! We had a Sunday teatime ritual too. It was from about 1969 through to the mid/late seventies. Family friends came round with their own contribution: cold meats, salad, etc., and combined them with stuff my parents had rustled up. I was usually watching TV; 'Catweazle' probably, and as the credits rolled, I was called to the table to get stuck in to the nosh. Then afterwards, we'd go back to the lounge to watch 'Doctor at Large', 'The Undersea World of Jaques Cousteau', 'Jesus of Nazareth' and 'That's life'!

Comment

On Sunday teatime we'd always have cakes my grandmother baked for us during the day. They'd usually be sponge cakes or if we were lucky chocolate

On Saturday's I always used to go to my grans, she always had tea partys with all the old dears, would fill me with dread now, but was I loved it at the time
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

We used to alternate between sunday dinner at our and my Grans who lived 2 doors away. My long abiding memory of Sundays though was bath night. I used to be plonked in front of the gas fire in my blue plastic bath (my mums still got it) usually one of the Doctor series with Robin Nedwell was on (Doctor at large?) or Sunday night at the London Paladium was on tv at the time.
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I also remember Sunday teatime children's series on the BBC like Anne Of Green Gables. Taping the charts from the radio. Sunday Night At The London Palladium and of course laughing at rude veg and talking pets on That's Life! ( Remember Cyril Fletcher's Odd Odes?)
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Sunday teatime was always a roast and then if we where lucky an Arctic roll or Vienetta.
            It was also bath night ready for school and that's life before bed

Comment

We just usually had a sunday roast.

Comment

at sunday teatime we normally just had a fry up.
                Sometimes we even had different things each of us.

sometimes our gran would have left things down like cakes yes sponge ones yummy.

we normally had our main dinner at dinner time which was about half one in the afternoon.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

We used to have a lot of fishpaste, such that anything redolent of school would be condemned as 'fishpaste' by me and my brother.

Comment

Remember for a good few years on a Sunday I went to my best friend's house or she came to mine on alternate weekends. We always split and went to our own houses for Sunday dinner about 1pm, but stayed together for tea.

My mam always laid on Pek chopped pork sandwiches and Cadburys fingers or mini rolls and had a bizarre ritual of serving us a cup of tea and a glass of pop together. I didn't even like tea then but I think I always drank it.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

We used to have queen cakes covered with jam and dessicated coconut on Sunday evenings...nyum nyum and sometimes little bowls of Angel Delight while watching Little House on the Prairie or Worzel Gummidge. Very early memories of watching Black Beauty, where we used to race to kiss the telly at the end of the final credits where there was a close up shot of him.

Comment

Usually scrambled egg on toast!!!!!!!!.........I've got a feeling that 'Oh Father' and 'Stars On Sunday' were on about that time as well.

Oh, and sunday teatime meant bath night.

Comment

We never really had a big lunch at lunch time on Sundays like a roast, we probably had meals like chips and fish fingers or beef burgers but we had cups of tea, or a cup of hot milk and biscuits by the afternoon. We never really snacked either, so by supper time we were nice and hungry and would have a nice big meal in the evening.

Comment

we quite often had a salad only time of the week we had one.
                            and sometimes eggs and toast just lovely with a bit of salt.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

yep, on Sunday nights, and Im gonna go way back to the late 80s to early 90s, we used to have Granny and Granda up, and lol we had a table that you could extend either end to make room, and we used to sit as family and have mainly the like of salad and chips and perhaps after had Artic Roll or Vienneta or now and again something different

I even remember enjoying setting the table, thou I was really young, prob enjoyed the 'sense of responsibility', LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X