Iron Maiden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Maiden

anyone out there into in my opinion the greatest metal band of them all.
    BIG G

mmm, they are ok i prefer metallica 2 them tho

Comment

each to their own, metallica are not in the same class, different type of metal to maiden.maiden are very old school, metallica are old school thrash metal.
      BIG G

Comment

my cousin is a Maiden fan, has been since the beginning he's been all over the place to see them live, i used to head bang to them when i was little.

Comment

Great, head banging When you are little will give you good experience for when you are older, I hope you don't headbang to westlife or someone like that
          BIG G

Comment

yeh "Run to the Hills" n all that

Comment

I liked Iron Maiden a lot, still do actually and I'm glad to say my son is a big fan too, he's off to see them in Sheffield in December. It's funny when he comes home with a Mauden or Motorhead CD that he's found which I used to have on vinyl years ago.
              John

Comment

was at donington when bon jovi was headlining.
                during bon jovi's set at the end dee snider, bruce dickinson and paul stanley joined them on stage.
                Bruce was wearing a pair of union jack shorts and reading the lyrics from a sheet of paper as he was running round the stage.
                was brill.
                Van_Whistler (too young to understand - old enough to know better)

Comment

Iron maiden are the greatest band on the planet seeing em twice in dec
                  The albums up to fear of the dark are all amazing,the blaze years were hard because bruce dickinson is such an amazing singer and its sucj a massive pair of boots to fill

The evil that men do,revelations,the trooper,aces high all good stuff

Comment

Yeh I love Maiden. Been to see 'em a few times. I even saw them when they had that other lead singer a few years back!

They're great - very theatrical in their style and totally over the top. I reckon that they either took inspiration from 'Spinal Tap' or they inspired the film .. 'these ones go up to eleven!'

Favourite tracks ... Number Of The Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Ace's High. Awesome!

Comment

Re: Iron Maiden

used to love maiden it made a change to hear a metal band that wasnt into promoting themselves in there songs and singing about sex, drugs and rock & roll, Rime of the ancient mariner is still one of my fave songs

Comment

My husband saw Bruce playing in Samson (supporting Uriah Heep) back in the early 80s & we used to listen to them in the car - mainly because at home his mum would tell us to turn that noisy stuff off! I still like a lot of their stuff today and get to hear it pretty regularly as my son, who's almost 17 is a big Maiden fan, he's seen them live 4 times now, the last time being a festival near Amersterdam this past weekend, he likes to do Maiden songs on his guitar too so I regularly have Phantom of the Opera etc blasting through the house

Comment

Iron Maiden have influenced me and been a big part of me from the age of 14. I am now nearly 40 and still listening to their colossal collection of Killer tunes. I am now the farher of two lovely kids, but still find the time for a bit of 'ead bangin', now and then.

WORZEL

Comment

I am.
                            One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

It seems strange to talk about a band in here, in the present tense. I am currently watching a documentary on CNN INternational about Iron Maiden. Incredible band. I am a metal fan ever since Ozzy came into my life all those years ago but have never really taken all that much notice of Iron Maiden, till now.

They have their own plane, a Boeing, which carries the band, management, equipment, press, everything! The pilot is the lead singer. They all come over as both intelligent and humourous, full of fun, even after all these years (33) (2000 gigs) on the road. Excellent film, superbly done. AND NOT ONE WORD NEEDED BLEEPING!!

CNN Virgin 607
                              Last edited by Elbmek; 17-12-2008, 10:54.

Comment

Working...
                              X