Milky Bar Kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milky Bar Kid

They are currently running an advert for Milky Bars using a collage of all previous adverts. Particularly annoying is the original one, because I used to look like that little Milky Bar Kid and was called it on numerous occasions. Round glasses, red hair!!!

Re: Milky Bar Kid

He had red hair?

Oh lord. I might never eat another Milky Bar.

Speccy get. It was awful growing up then wearing glasses. I suppose it beats Oi Four Eyes but not by a lot.

Comment

WELL! And thank you!!!!

Comment

I remember doing a fancy dress competition at Butlins dressed up as the Milky Bar kid.

I never got called that by anyone though, was always speccy four eyes or similar
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

The original Milky Bar kid was from Canvey Island apparently.

Comment

I must admit i liked the advert better than i did the white Chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
              They are currently running an advert for Milky Bars using a collage of all previous adverts. Particularly annoying is the original one, because I used to look like that little Milky Bar Kid and was called it on numerous occasions. Round glasses, red hair!!!

Yep got the same here. It actually stopped me eating the stuff for years. Partly in fear of beeing seen doing so and party I think due to being mildly trumatised.
              Laugh and the world laughs with you.
              But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, I didn't like the white chocolate either, but I kept begging for more. Why? Well, because they were advertised by a cowboy kid! I was brain-washed. I'd have eaten slugs if cowboys on telly told me to.

Of course, that was when I was very young. I suppose six or younger. Sadly, once you passed seven, the Milky Bar Kid seemed linked with the teasing of freckled kids in spectacles.

All a bit rotten, really, like the thread-starter said. I used to be called 'Jamie and the Magic Torch' simply because I was called James. So I used to dread its mention.

....Jamo

Comment

Working...
                X