'Klanky' The Robot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Klanky' The Robot

Anyone help me to remember which book or annual in the early seventies maybe?, that had a character called 'Clanky - or, Klanky' the robot?? I was thinking it was 'The Hotspur' but I'm not sure?
    sigpicAndyGranda

Re: 'Klanky' The Robot

'Klanky - the Huggin's Pal from Outer Space'

he's from 'Sparky' (produced 1965-1977 652 issues; it then merged with Topper)

I have him in some 1973 issues of mine, but he's gone by Sept 74

Only ones from Sparky I remember from back then were: Keyhole Kate, Baron von Reichs-Pudding, and Thingummy Blob
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Re: 'Klanky' The Robot

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
      'Klanky - the Huggin's Pal from Outer Space'

he's from 'Sparky' (produced 1965-1977 652 issues; it then merged with Topper)

I have him in some 1973 issues of mine, but he's gone by Sept 74

Only ones from Sparky I remember from back then were: Keyhole Kate, Baron von Reichs-Pudding, and Thingummy Blob
      Thanks Rosso, I remember 'The Sparky' but often wondered why they stopped producing it, D. C. Thomson's is here in my hometown, where they produce Beano, Dandy etc. I thought the 'Sparky' was stopped because it may have had an indirect racial connotation?? or, that was the rumour I heard years ago. So, it was merged with the 'Topper?? I can remember some of those characters - 'Ginger', 'Colonel Blink', 'The Numbskulls' and was, 'The Bad Lads' also Topper characters?? ANyway, thanks for the Klanky info Rosso. Cheers mate!
      sigpicAndyGranda

Comment

Working...
      X