Aussie Pre-Ring Tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Pre-Ring Tone

Do you remember an Aussie film where there were (I think) three peeps. One bird, two blokes. A simpleton and a couple.
    There was summat about a car splitting in two to go through a narrow alley.
    It had a classic distinctive theme tune:
    Do-de-do-de-do--doo
    Which was the tones of a phone.

Re: Aussie Pre-Ring Tone

Malcolm YouTube - Malcolm Trailer. Music by The Penguin Cafe Orchestra.

Comment

Yay! That's the one, cheers Claudine.
      Wasn't the accordian music in the second part of the trailer used again in Napolian Dynamite?
      I definately heard it in something else...
      But it's the phone-tone one me really likes

Comment

Penguin cafe orchestra:
        "Telephone and Rubber Band"
        "Music For a Found Harmonium"

Comment

Colin Frields played Malcom.

Comment

Another one I need to see, thanks guys, you're costing me a fortune. I love Aussie films, massively underrated.

Talking of simpletons, anyone seen Bad Boy Bubby? It's a Rolf de Heer flick about a bloke who was imprisoned by his mother and kept as a sex slave until he escapes, dot dot dot. Dark and hilarious.

How about Kenny, a mockumentary about a bloke who delivers portaloos to festivals. Great quote: what you got to understand is there is a smell in here that is going to outlast religion, all right? So can you just give me ears a rest for a minute? Marvellous

Comment

Watched some clips of Bad Boy Bubby after you mentioned it. Looks bizzarre! Has it been on terrestrial tv cos I think I've seen at least some of it.
              You're right about Aussie films. They have a flavour all of their own, often quite surreal.
              Been wracking my brains over a "Being There" oddball type character from a season of Aussie films I saw about ten years ago. It was visually very interesting, and I'd always thought it was an early Hugo Weaving film but I don't see anything in his filmography it could be.
              Anyway, would like to see Malcolm again. Not seen it for donkeys' years.

Comment

Originally posted by curmudgeon View Post

Another one I need to see, thanks guys, you're costing me a fortune. I love Aussie films, massively underrated.

Talking of simpletons, anyone seen Bad Boy Bubby? It's a Rolf de Heer flick about a bloke who was imprisoned by his mother and kept as a sex slave until he escapes, dot dot dot. Dark and hilarious.

How about Kenny, a mockumentary about a bloke who delivers portaloos to festivals. Great quote: what you got to understand is there is a smell in here that is going to outlast religion, all right? So can you just give me ears a rest for a minute? Marvellous
                Buddies, The Club and Warming Up. Three of the funniest films ever. I'm still hoping to get a copy of Warming Up. Don's Party is pretty good too.

Comment

Great film, I loved it , doing a heist via remote control , and the ending hahaha ...well I’ll not spoil it.

Comment

Originally posted by KidCurry View Post

Buddies, The Club and Warming Up. Three of the funniest films ever. I'm still hoping to get a copy of Warming Up. Don's Party is pretty good too.
                    I have not seen these films, but I would really like to see them. I heard about two films before, but did not find it at the box office. Where can you get them?

Comment

Originally posted by Semi42 View Post
                      Great film, I loved it , doing a heist via remote control , and the ending hahaha ...well I’ll not spoil it.
                      Ahem. Rarelust can be your friend if you let it.

Comment

Working...
                      X