80s kids movie inquiry: Christmas themed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80s kids movie inquiry: Christmas themed

There's this movie I watched when I was little and I've been trying to find the name of it for the last couple of years. What details I remember:

The song "Silent Night" (or something close to it) plays often in the background. The movie's basically about a little girl with long blonde hair, and she's wearing a long nightgown throughout the entire movie.

Apparently her closet is a portal to another world that's inhabited by these friendly "monsters". Their world is covered in snow and has a bunch of decorated Christmas trees all over. The girl goes into this world to help the monsters fight some evil sorceress or whatever. The little girl is especially attached to one monster in particular and has a special relationship with it. At the end of the movie, you see the little girl looking out her bedroom window. It's snowing outside, and the song "Silent Night" is playing again.

I've been to another forum where someone expressed that she knew what I was talking about, but she couldn't remember the title either. She could only tell me for sure that it was aired in the UK at one point and that it might've been titled something similar to "Monsters Christmas". Dunno.

Does anyone here know what I'm talking about?

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...28533973&BAB=E

maybe?

Comment

Working...
    X