post times on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post times on here

Anyone else having bother with seeing what time posts go onto the site?

I put stuff on two days ago and it shows as one hour ago.

Other items I posted today seem to disappear and then come back on a while later but show as fourteen hours earlier ( when I was snoring my head off )

Re: post times on here

Not noticed anything like that, may be caused by temp internet files on your pc causing a cached page to be displayed rather than a fresh copy rom the server.

Got an example of one of your posts that are appearing incorrectly?
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Yes, noticed it earlier on today, I went to post on a thread with no replies on it and when I logged in there was a reply posted 14 hrs ago?

Comment

Perhaps admin's being doing something in that case.

Comment

ohhh I've been out all day so i've not noticed, very odd.
          Heather

Comment

It's happening again - posted something yesterday afternoon, came into forums today at ten past ten thismorning and it shows I posted three hours ago - there are replies from other members that aren't showing times ?

Comment

Danny

Can you point me to the thread you're referring to and I'll report it to admin.

Thanks

Comment

The problem was in the 'newish' thread about Home Brew but I came back in here half hour after I posted my comment on times and it was OK -think the site just gets a bit tempermental sometimes.

As you can see from some of the members responses in this thread it does happen sometimes and we do notice

Comment

I will report it as I say, I only asked for an example as it's hard to look into things if you don't know what you're looking for. I know this from my own experience at work, you need specific examples so you can research properly.

I don't disbelieve you.

At least the most important thing is working properly, that is posts are appearing ok.

Comment

Just to let you all know that I have been looking into this and haven't found the cause of the problem yet. Please could you let me know if it is still occurring?
                    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
                    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

I know when it happens now - not why , just when .......

It's when you come onto forum front page and straightaway look at the page bottom to see who else is on DYR - if you then 'click' onto a particular person to see if they're still active ( "last activity 8 minutes ago searching forums etc etc" ) and then you click on 'back' to return to the forum front page it shows all the times as wrong

You have to go off-line and return to DYR and only then do the times show as OK - annoying

Comment

That's great Danny. With that level of detail I can leave a message on the support forums for the software company that makes this software and hopefully they will be able to offer a fix!

I'll let you know if I get any solutions.

Thanks for your help with this

Comment

Excuse me for butting in and I might be wrong but that just sounds like a case of cached pages to me, if you do a disc clear up it should clear it up, its always happened (I didn't think that was what you meant at first) I find if you hit the forum it brings the page to your last visit, I simply hit refresh problem sorted it only takes a second for the page to refresh
                          Heather

Comment

It would be great if someone could test and confirm whether or not it is a cacheing issue. I'm just about to go away for a couple of weeks and won't be able to take this further till I return but I'm keen to get it sorted for you all.

Comment

This is no big deal ! What is happening is this - you open and work on DYR and then pass on to another task by opening another Window or if you are on Vista, another tab - leaving DYR open to return to. At this point, DYR 'freezes' until you return, it does not refresh itself in your absence, therefore it is still at the point of time that you left it and yes, if you don't refresh it's showing that the members online last visit are still there - a quick click on refresh brings everything active again and Hey Presto !! problem solved NOTHING to do with DYR, just the way your computer works
                              If you log out, close the Window or shut down the computer, this will never occur.
                              Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                              <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Working...
                              X