Soups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soups!

How many soups brands can you remember from years ago, other than Heinze, Baxters, and Cambells, as these are still going, I am trying to remember the ones that may have gone out of business, or are now only in certain areas of the country.
    Cast you minds back please..

Re: Soups!

"Chef's square shaped soups show how a good soup should be."

Comment

Knorr still going but never mind.
      Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
        Was that supposed to make them appealing? It just looks creepy!

As for those Chef Square Shapeds, can't recall them, and can only find forum posts, descriptions and jingle lyrics. Packaging of 2" by 1" - would love to see one. As for the 'add water' bit - I know it's a huge part of soup making, but it does put me off.

UK television adverts 1955-1985

Comment

JESUS! :cry: Oh my God you could have warned me! That turnip head thing used to scare me to DEATH!! It's horrendous!
          "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
          sigpic

Comment

That's the sound that's made as it scoops your brain out of your skull on Halloween! Then follows the speccy nerd out into the woods...

As for soups - is it because I was a kid way back when I'm having trouble, or because there just weren't that many manufacturers?

Comment

YouTube - Campbell's Soup 1970s
              "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Chefs square soups came in a small card box...im sure they did....add water and simmer hehe.

Soup when i came home home for dinner from scool with bread...times were hard you know

Comment

Working...
                X