Old Logos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Logos

Hey guys, long time viewer first time poster. I am after images of old high street logos... well any old company logos really, but high street stores would be great. Some of the hardest to find have included New look, WHSmith and Tesco. So if you have any images that you can post I'd love to see them. Thanks for reading.

Re: Old Logos

Hi there southwestman,Im sure someone will come up with some soon,regards,Andy.
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

I use the Fine Fair logo as an avatar, as it beings back memories of being taken to the Hyde branch when I was young.

Flickr has a few images of Fine Fare:

1265 blackpool concrete on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Macclesfield had a Tesco near the town centre with the 1970s style logo on the side, not sure if it's still there but it had until 2003-4.

The WH Smith's in Stockport was still in the 1970s Brown & Orange scheme (used by many others at that time!), complete with Cube logo until the late 1990s.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

These might interest you.
        Attached Files
        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Here's an early Tesco logo.
          http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8229/tesco.jpg

I also have a passion for logos myself. One supermarket logo I can't find anywhere is for Lo-Cost. I recall passing a Gateway as a kid, it's logo was a white capital G on a green background.

Comment

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
            Here's an early Tesco logo.
            http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8229/tesco.jpg

I also have a passion for logos myself. One supermarket logo I can't find anywhere is for Lo-Cost. I recall passing a Gateway as a kid, it's logo was a white capital G on a green background.
            I think the Lo-Cost one was blue, white, & yellow or red in a 80s spray painted lettering.

Most Fine Fares were rebranded Gateway, & the same group changed the Dee supermarkets to Gateway a few years earlier.

Comment

Here's the Gateway logo I was referring to (from a lorry, it's not my pic though).

I still can't find Lo-cost's anywhere.
              The Gateway in my area didn't turn into Somerfield, it became Spar and now its Nisa.

Comment

Two more Gateways found.

Comment

I think the Squarer Gateway Logo came first, followed by the rounder one.

I remember BHS changed to BhS in the mid 1980s. Until a few years ago I had a BHS coat hanger with the new logo on a sticker & the old one moulded into the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
                    Here's the Gateway logo I was referring to (from a lorry, it's not my pic though).

I still can't find Lo-cost's anywhere.
                    The Gateway in my area didn't turn into Somerfield, it became Spar and now its Nisa.
                    I recall the low cost in yeading lane, northolt, middx appeared in the first episode of gimme gimme, it had previously been liptons and down the road was a bishops which later became a budgens with the tulip logo now closed, along from that was a coop now sectioned into different stores.

Comment

I always had a thing for the co-op 'clover leaf' logo. I'm not sure why because there isn't much to it but I always wanted mam to go shopping at the co-op so I could get my hands on a plastic carrier bag bearing the logo. She never did . I was rather disappointed when they re-jigged it slightly to have a darker back ground and altered the font and now I'm disgusted that they have opted to use the boring 'cooperative' in words, shunning the logo all together! Pah!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	260379
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

Name:	pepsi.jpg
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	260380

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                          I always had a thing for the co-op 'clover leaf' logo. I'm not sure why because there isn't much to it but I always wanted mam to go shopping at the co-op so I could get my hands on a plastic carrier bag bearing the logo. She never did . I was rather disappointed when they re-jigged it slightly to have a darker back ground and altered the font and now I'm disgusted that they have opted to use the boring 'cooperative' in words, shunning the logo all together! Pah!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3741[/ATTACH]
                          Check this out, someone who collects Co-op branded products!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/co-operativestores/

Comment

Wow that's dedication, and quite a few light blue clover leaves in there too. I think I have realised why I like it. It kinda looks like a surprised/worried face. Sort of.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

Name:	lyons.jpg
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	260391

Comment

Working...
                              X