Wdyjsoytsagadslbi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wdyjsoytsagadslbi?

Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go and Do Something Less Boring Instead

does anyone remember this show?
    i have vague memories of it

BFI Screenonline: Why Don't You... (1973-94)

"Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go and Do Something Less Boring Instead?" (1973)

i am sure Pauline Quirk was NOT in it!
    My scrapbook blog

My website

Re: Wdyjsoytsagadslbi?

I remember well the 1970s version shown in the summer holidays. I liked the show, though I seem to recall noticing the 'ordinaryness' of the kids and a good number of rather cringy moments. Hope that's not too harsh. But yes, an important part of my TV watching at that time.

Comment

It was actually called "Why Don't You" The rest of it was in the theme song.

One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

I really liked it, though it did become a bit strange towards the end, when they started to add too many storyline elements to it.

A girl I know at school was in one of the last series.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by ecofugal View Post
          Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go and Do Something Less Boring Instead

does anyone remember this show?
          i have vague memories of it

"Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go and Do Something Less Boring Instead?" (1973)

i am sure Pauline Quirk was NOT in it!
          The usual response was 'yes, why don't we', or 'because it's raining and they only show Tarzan movies at Xmas' and just ignore the show. Still, it would get me doing something else.

Comment

I only remember it from the Summer hols for some reason
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
              I only remember it from the Summer hols for some reason
              I only ever saw it in the AM, so I figure that would be when I used to catch it.

Comment

Loved it. Especially the Welsh ones! LOL! They taught me and my sister how to dip bits of bread in beaten egg and fry them. Yummy at the time. Now I'd probably hurl!! x
                "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
                  Loved it. Especially the Welsh ones! LOL! They taught me and my sister how to dip bits of bread in beaten egg and fry them. Yummy at the time. Now I'd probably hurl!! x

my missus still loves eggy bread
                  sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

'I really liked it, though it did become a bit strange towards the end, when they started to add too many storyline elements to it.'

That'll be when Russell T Davies was writing it!

Comment

Originally posted by fenric10 View Post
                      'I really liked it, though it did become a bit strange towards the end, when they started to add too many storyline elements to it.'

That'll be when Russell T Davies was writing it!
                      I take it from your username and your comment about RTD that you are a fellow Doctor Who fan? I am an official Doctor Who anorak - you're in good company, lol.

Anyway, back on subject. Yes, I remember this programme very well but I always seemed to find it somewhat dark and disturbing, even frightening. Don't know why I felt like this but I was a very sensitive kid.
                      Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X