Golden Oldie Picture Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Oldie Picture Show

does anyone remember this program, Dave Lee Travis used to present it sitting in front of a log fire. my mum used to tape it all the time. it was a program that made it's own videos to songs, my favourite was "little willie"

Great site BTW! been telling loads of people about it!

No i don't BTW welcome to the forum!
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Yeah! They did a claymation one to that Bernard Cribbens song about two workmen trying to move a piano, it was brilliant! Was it called "The Dave Lee Travis Picture Show" or something?

Comment

yeah it was must see tv in our house,mainly because it depicted songs from the 60's and early 70's,my parents "time" as it were,the show played music promos from the days when music videos didnt exist ,contrary to popular belief bohemian rhapsody wasnt the first music video,the beatles paperback writer/rain, claims that title.Anyway back to the story, this tv show played the promos that totp produced for artists that couldnt make it to the studio and were very literal in there translation of the song,a bit like a pans peoples routine,picture get down by gilbert o sullivan,anyone whos seen that clip will know what i mean.the one that sticks in my mind was tears of a clown by smokey robinson,cue sad looking clown,sat in the middle of a big top.it was called the golden oldie picture show i am sure,dlt always seemed to be sat near a open log fire in a bad jumper.

Comment

"Right Said Fred" is the name of the song I remember on there, Bernard Cribbens

Comment

Does anyone still have The Golden Oldie Picture Show? Ideally on dvd.

Looking for the full series.

Comment

Re: Golden Oldie Picture Show

A Youtube clip from the show -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0rxLM7rAfE

Couple more on there too
              Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
              <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Anyone have the BBC1 drama Lifeline that was shown last year?

Comment

I remember two of the vids. firstly "flowers in the rain" by the move, which was about a spaced out nutter in a mental hospital (one scene for instance had him sitting on the side of an empty swimming pool holding a flower in the rain). But my favorite was for the song "down down" by status quo, which was about a bunch of bikers (one scene had two biker girls (i think one had an eyepatch) fighting in a hay barn whilst a load of male bikers watched on, and then one of the bikers cut a rope and and a sand bag landed on the eyepatched bird and knocked her out).

Comment

Originally posted by carlislekitty View Post
                    does anyone remember this program, Dave Lee Travis used to present it sitting in front of a log fire. my mum used to tape it all the time. it was a program that made it's own videos to songs, my favourite was "little willie"

Great site BTW! been telling loads of people about it!
                    I remember this show realy well does anyone have videos or DVDs of the show looking for the track Albatros by Fleetwood Mac the video was of
                    Concord QE2 Red Arrows

Comment

Somewhere I have the video clip made by Dave Lee Travis using the BA advert for Concorde and the music Albatros by Fleetwood Mac. It's a bit crumpled at beginning and end but otherwise great !

Comment

I really liked this show, I remember getting my parents to video it as it was often on too late for me to stay up for.

Ones I remember:

Golden Earring - Radar Love - A speeding Reliant Robin driver

Hitching A Ride - Vanity Fair - A shopping trolley put to many uses

This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us - The Sparks - A row in a launderette

Isn't Love Strange - Moody Blues - A couple seperated by war
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember this show very well. My dad taped every episode and we used to watch it a lot. The songs i remember the best are: Fire! by Arthur Brown (mainly because the video used to scare me and my little bro!), down, down by Status Quo, Little Willy (can't remember who it was by though), I can see for miles by The Who, Lola by The Kinks, Albatross by Fleetwood Mac, flowers in the rain by The Move and Lily The Pink by The Scaffold

Comment

Little Willy was by The Sweet.

I would really like these again but I guess there's a lot of rights issues preventing a repeat or DVD release.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I recognise the show title but never saw it, probably because it was on so late. Sounds like it was a good show. I am familiar with the Bernard Cribbins 'Right Said Fred' claymation video, although it looks like it was made in the 60's rather than for the GOPS. Right Said Fred is one of my fave little ditty songs.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5XX9LX2es4
                              Last edited by Trickyvee; 29-05-2012, 22:04.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                              X