1970's Football Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970's Football Game

I remember a football game I had back in the 70's which had a green rectangular board that you attached a piece of green ribbon around with clips to stop the ball going out of play. The footballers were operated by pressing their heads down to make them kick the ball and came in many different strips.

Anybody remember this and what it was called? I used to love it.
    Last edited by Kiop; 07-07-2009, 17:19. Reason: Typos
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Re: 1970's Football Game

Is this it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BVvdbgCGkKGrHgoOKjMEjlLmV-moBKUQTWKTGw_12.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	258904
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Sounds very much like Striker Kaz , I used to have it too
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Yeah - that's the one! Many thanks for that. Sure brings back some great memories - I always thought this was better than Subbuteo.

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
          Yeah - that's the one! Many thanks for that. Sure brings back some great memories - I always thought this was better than Subbuteo.

Glad it's the right one. I have added another couple of pics for you.

Name:	striker 2.JPG
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	258906

Name:	striker 3.JPG
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	258907

sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I still have my 'Super Striker' (with 'diving goalkeepers') plus some boxed teams and the separate boxed scoreboard

The boxed teams sold in 'proper' club colours eg Chelsea, Leeds etc etc fetch silly money on ebay
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Ah i remember this,my aunt gave me this game but the grass(cloth) had been stuck to a board.All i remember was smashing the head down as hard as possible and doing rugby kicks

Comment

I remember my brother had a similar game but there were only 3 players per side a goalie (who was on a lever that swivelled on the base of the goals) & to outfield players who would kick when a button on their base was pressed, one would kick along the ball along the ground & the other up in the air.

The ball was multifaced & was half black & half which which would indicate who has posession.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I had striker as a kid and loved it. Also used to use the pitch to play subbuteo because I could never get my subbuteo pitch to lie straight on carpet.

A couple of years back me and my mates were having a conversation about which toy from your childhood you would have if you could get it again. I chose striker. Others chose tin can alley and crossfire. The lad who started the conversation got married a few months after and the rest of us were best man and ushers etc. At the reception, the groom does his thank yous and dishes out gifts. He'd actually tracked down the toys that we'd discussed and presented me with striker. I thought this was a cracking gesture.
                  "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

World Cup Striker

Comment

Hi everyone!! Its been quite a while since i was last on here...boring grown up stuff - work!!
                      THis certainly took me back,i was luckily enough to have both Striker annd subbuteo,i always preferred subbuteo as you could do more with the players ie swerve,dribble etc,where as striker players you just squashed their heads in!!...i also remember the different kits and how good they looked,being a leeds fan mind you they were always plain white.Sadly i dont know whatever happened to the stiker,but i still have my subbuteo to this day,infact still collect it !!........when i was 10....girls,oh no....subbuteo,scalextrix,action man,stiker..oh yes!!....hahahaha

Comment

I remember some kind of variant on that. Think it might have been called Striker SuperLeague or something. The "matches" were basically penalties....it was more of a League game, which suited someone like me. There were only 6 teams though I think. Leeds and Leicester, bizarrely, were two!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rollingstone43 View Post
                          I remember some kind of variant on that. Think it might have been called Striker SuperLeague or something. The "matches" were basically penalties....it was more of a League game, which suited someone like me. There were only 6 teams though I think. Leeds and Leicester, bizarrely, were two!!
                          A friend of mine had that. You had to cards which were your players, saying if thewy were 1,2,3 or 4 star players, the more stars in your team, the more penalties you got to take and we also made our own cards with then current players of the day.

After a quick look, here it is (you may have to scroll down after clicking the link) http://www.peter-upton.co.uk/striker.htm

Comment

Can anyone think of any cheaper versions of Striker?.

I had a game which was the same (push players heads to kick) but I dont think it was Striker, but a cheaper (and just as fun) version that my mum bought for me at a jumble sale when I was 11. I cannot think what it was called.

Comment

Is this it ayrshireman ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2pi6IQObC0

Comment

Working...
                              X