Pics from Argos Catalogue 1984

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics from Argos Catalogue 1984

Doing a feature this week on the Argos Catalogue from 1984 with scanned pages

Hope you like them
    Retro Finds - The best of the 70s and 80s 70's and 80's

Re: Pics from Argos Catalogue 1984

Good stuff!
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

wow fantastic, thanks for sharing
      Heather

Comment

That's just how I remembered the Argos catalogues when I was young, especially the maker's logo by every picture.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Great stuff! Thanks for that.

Some of the items seem quite expensive to me for the time, especially the TVs.

sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Pye! I'd forgotten that name - though I'm pretty sure that my single of 'Halfway Up the Stairs' is Pye records now that I think about it!

The Atari page brings back memories of trying to convince my parents that I wanted a computer, and that was the one (I was after the 800XL). Kept shooting myself in the foot, though, as I kept mmmming and aaahing as I wanted to find out how much the big Atari was (1200XL or 1400XL - twin disc drives, but only the same power I think). By the time I had figured it out, Atari computers were looking ropey (2600s with a keyboard graphically) and the Amstrad CPC464 just looked like a bargain.

And I completely agree with your 7 July post - Scrappy sucks!

Comment

LOL Yeah Scrappy did suck. Thanks for the comments btw

Comment

Had another look as the pages, the first TV my parents purchased rather than rent is there.

For the record got it from Stockport's Comet (now moved) just before Xmas 1984 & the first programme I can remember watching on it was The Tripods.

Even in 1984 a Philips 16" set with no teletext seems pricey at £250.

Though it did come with a remote control & electronic tuner, which was space age compaired to the 21" woodgrain set with chrome push-buttons we used to rent from Granada.

Comment

just spotted the Ferguson Music Centre p227 item 15....we had that!....completely forgotten about it, then bang its right there and immediately it all comes flooding back

That's the fab thing about this site..those 'wow!' moments...not so much for things you do remember, and are pleased to see again, but for the things you had completely blotted out of your mind (like when someone posted the link to Marine Boy (marineboy perhaps? )...as soon as the music started it was like a trigger in my brain!)
                  sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Space Attack rocked! You didn't dare stick your finger in the way of the solid metal spinner.

Never had Beware the Spider - just the look of it freaked me out as a kid. Probably wouldn't do me much good now.

Comment

Sometimes when the spinner would get a bit stuck just spinning on the spot & need a poke to get it going again.

Trivial Pursuit was fairly expensive compared to the other games.

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                        That's the fab thing about this site..those 'wow!' moments...not so much for things you do remember, and are pleased to see again, but for the things you had completely blotted out of your mind
                        Couldn't have put it better myself . Really pleased I found this place.
                        Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                          Sometimes when the spinner would get a bit stuck just spinning on the spot & need a poke to get it going again.

Trivial Pursuit was fairly expensive compared to the other games.
                          I used to want Trivial Pursuit. Wouldn't touch it now, though.

Comment

Cool I didnt realise someone had actually scanned a whole argos catalogue into a PDF and sold it on Ebay! LOL
                            I thought people on here had actually kept their copies from back then.
                            1976 takes me back even further that I cant actually remember, however we still had that black and white ferguson TV in the kitchen in 1980's
                            3 knobs and thats it.
                            You have a great website by the way!!
                            "Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything"

Comment

thanx for this

Comment

Working...
                              X