HOT Summertime.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT Summertime.....

Can anyone identify this song from late 60s?? Starts off with lyrics: "Hot summertime, and the livin is easy" later in the song he sez: "Hush now baby, dont you cry," Then he closes with "Little darlin, do not let a teardrop fall out of your eye" Then screams Whoa!!! (end of song...)

Re: HOT Summertime.....

The word 'hot' threw me, but I think the song you're looking for is this one:

George Gershwin - Summertime lyrics

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
      The word 'hot' threw me, but I think the song you're looking for is this one:

George Gershwin - Summertime lyrics
      Fun Boy Three had a cover c. '82-83

Comment

Noe-not it-still lookin...

Comment

You are actually correct-George Gershwin wrote the original lyrics to this tune, however the famous cover I was looking for was done on Chess label in 1966 by Billy Stewart-it is by far his most popular hit, and a nostalgic airplay to this day all over airwaves-1 listen to it for 5 seconds, and everyone knows the tune.....Short version was released on the 45-long version was on the album release, and Itunes has it....check free sample to validate.

Comment

Hadn't realised you were looking for this particular version. Glad we were able to help you to find it .

Comment

Working...
            X