All done now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All done now

Well, that's it. My area has completed full switchover to digital tv - analogue signals switched off forever this morning - it makes old VCR just about useless now

Re: All done now

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    Well, that's it. My area has completed full switchover to digital tv - analogue signals switched off forever this morning - it makes old VCR just about useless now
    Until I got a DVD Recorder (with built in Freeview) I used to connect my video to a digibox with a Scart lead to record stuff.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Have you noticed if the signal is now stronger,I read that this would happen as the analogue was switched off

Comment

Two years to go before the signal is switched off in my area. I feel sorry for some of the old folk who will be forced to learn the 'wonders' of digital technology.

I have quite a few older folk in my IT classes and it warms my heart to see them there - they are quick learners and really good at it too. I just wish all old people were the same.

It's a shame.
        Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
          Have you noticed if the signal is now stronger,I read that this would happen as the analogue was switched off

It's a lot stronger signal and the channels that were flickering on low strength are now OK but you still don't get the full range of channels as depicted on the carton that a freeview digibox comes in - think thats just wishful thinking on behalf of the manufacturers

Comment

My vcr hasn't been plugged in since the switch, and I never bothered buying a scart lead. I got too distracted watching all the **** on freeview to record anything.
            Mind you, it's wearing very thin. There's only so many times you can watch Top Gear, and I want to throttle all of Friends.
            Maybee, I should "Switch off my TV set, and do something less boring instead!"

Comment

Well I had to do the 're-tune' yesterday cos some channels disappeared.Had a message flashing up for a few weeks about this

Got it sorted but now I've permanently lost ITV 3 & 4 --they said some areas would be affected like this, so much for living in the very first UK area to do the full switchover!
              Last edited by Danny; 01-10-2009, 08:13. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
              X