Songs with meaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs with meaning

After reading the thread about songs that make you happy or cry got me thinking of songs that have a meaning, mostly to the artist, but ones you can see ( or hear ) are personal to them. Three songs i can think of are...
    Act of remembrance..... The Proclaimers...A song wrote after the loss of their father. A very personal and honest song.
    Redemption song...... Bob Marley... A song he wrote when he was dying with cancer. It sums up his life and what he stood for in his songs: freedom and redemption. Marley was a very spiritual singer who gave hope to the downtrodden in his native Jamaica.
    Death trip..... Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel... A song he wrote about a close friend who died from a drug overdose. its very personal and a song he has only just started singing live again because it means a lot to him.

I know you may not know a couple of these songs but they are worth looking up.
    WHO'S THE TART?

Re: Songs with meaning

One that springs to mind is Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton), that was written after the death of Clapton's 5 year old son.:cry:
    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Help me through the night-Joe Walsh it,s about his oldest daughter Emma Kirsten,who died as a result to injuries suffered in a car accident,on her way to nursery school 1974.Her story inspired the track Song for Emma,on his album which was released later that year:cry:
      In her memory he had a fountain and memorial plaque,placed in a park in which she played,North Boulder Park in Boulder Colorado.

Comment

trilogy of songs written about the death of Simon Le Bon's friend David Miles in 1986

1-Do You Believe In Shame
        2-Out of My Mind
        3-Ordinary World
        DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Anything by the Smiths. Very emotive. I love the Smiths, my favourite band.

Also, Strange Glue and Dazed, beautiful and bruised by Catatonia.
          Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            Help me through the night-Joe Walsh it,s about his oldest daughter Emma Kirsten,who died as a result to injuries suffered in a car accident,on her way to nursery school 1974.Her story inspired the track Song for Emma,on his album which was released later that year:cry:
            In her memory he had a fountain and memorial plaque,placed in a park in which she played,North Boulder Park in Boulder Colorado.
            that story about Joe Walsh's daughter certainly will make me hear that song in a different light ( if you get that!). in fact im looking for it now.....
            WHO'S THE TART?

Comment

Working...
            X