Worzel Gummidge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worzel Gummidge

Does anyone remember a show about a scarecrow that was alive and his name was wurzel gummage? He had a girlfriend scarecrow called Polly or Holly or something like that. I have been searching everywhere for a DVD of it..
    Last edited by sixtyten; 20-04-2007, 21:43.

Her name was Aunt Sally i think. Have you tried amazon.com or ebay? You might find one there. I used to watch it and i thought it was pretty funny
    Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

http://shopping.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ss_..._gummidge.html
      No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks so much! That was really helpful, i couldn't remember how to spell it either so any search came up with no results!

Comment

you're welcome
          No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Worzel Gummidge

Hi I also used to love this series as a child. There was an Aunt Sally (Uma Stubbs?) - the object of his unrequited love - who also liked 'a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake'. I'm sure the little girl in it was played by 'Marmalade Atkins' (also 'Scarlett' of Four Weddings and a Funeral fame). I believe the actress sadly passed away a couple of years ago. Also, there was the Crowman, who Worzel and all the other scarecrows were really scared of. The DVD set is in the shops. I nearly bought it at Xmas but my husband talked me out of it. The complete set is still available thru. Amazon.co.uk if you wish to buy it! Good luck!!

Comment

Wurzel Gummidge

Comment

Hi guys!!!

I loved this though the Crow Man was kinda scary, I remember Jon Pertwee changing his heads as Wurzel and Aunt Sallys bright red cheeks..it was on about Teatime wasnt it? Good kids programme..I would like to see it again...

all the best...

Rab ;0)

Comment

The Crowman was creepy but kinda kool too, the actor Geoffery Bayldon also played Catweazle in kool kids show of the same name, and one of a few to turn down the lead role in Doctor Who.

Comment

Hi Oggy...

Great memory mate, ive got it now!! lol.. just remembered the name Catweazle and the really skinny old bloke with a long straggly beard and long blonde hair..lol..

Rab

Comment

dont forget the other female in the show trying to get a piece of wurzel lovin.....saucy nancy, a ships figue head played by bab's winsor.

great kids entertainment.

Comment

Oh classic kids stuff and also in it was Marmalade Atkins herself, before o after though not sure about that the wonderful, gorgeous and sadly departed Charlotte Coleman, she was alos in Four Weddings and a Funeral too, sadly missed. Think I had a sort of crush on her in Marmalade and Wurzel days too.

Comment

Worzel gummidge.

worzel gummidge was played by former dr actor jon pertwee.
                          he had inter changeable heads for thinking,dancing, and working.
                          it starred una stubbs as aunt sally.

here is a clip
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDo3j-X0QeY
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                          X