The Stationary Ark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stationary Ark

This was a wonderful series from the 70s. It was about Gerald Durrell's zoo on Jersey and all the amazing work done there. The details on the web say it was a Canadian made series but it doesn't mention the broadcasts in the UK. Can anyone point me in the direction of more information? Also, I loved the theme tune but can't find a link. I'd love to hear it again.

Re: The Stationary Ark

Tried sending you a message mate, not sure if it went through im new to the forum

its a tune made popular by a C64 cover, more so than the series somewhat I think but im too young to outwardly remember the series, for me it brings back memories of the 80s and the laser light show demo program it was attached to,

http://remix.kwed.org/download.php/4...nary%20Ark.mp3

It was actually only submitted recently, 9/9/9.. been listerning to it all night on and off

Comment

Hi there

Yes, thanks so much. I got the PM and have replied. Unfortunately, I don't recognise the piece as the one from the series. Bit of a mystery. But as I say in the PM, I really appreciate you trying to help me.

MB

Comment

Oh dear. I've found at least three places on the Internet that say the link you gave IS the theme to The Stationary Ark.

What the blazes have I got going round my head then?

Comment

No problems at all indeed ive got a theme going around in my head i'd love to hear again it was the ending title to a documentry railway video about the 10 class SMR steam locomotives and the unions in australia around the 1980s.. it had the same kind of sound as this one does but im at a loss to find it.. I originally thought this was it also

as to the theme.. perhaps your looking for the theme to "Ark on the move" the 1983 sequel to the stationary ark, same person.. different settings... however ive taken the luxury of trying to find that also but saddly it seems largely lost to time from what I can..quite sad.. although i dont have any knowlage of the series itself.. the title theme I found is of an exceptional quality and it makes me wonder if the theme to Ark On The Move was of the same quality, i'd very much be interested to find out

Comment

What a beautiful tune! I've never heard it before but it has fired my imagination. I play keyboards/synths and write my own songs from time to time and this has certainly inspired me. I wonder if there is any way it can be downloaded as a permanent file?
            Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 4001 View Post
              ...perhaps your looking for the theme to "Ark on the move" the 1983 sequel to the stationary ark, same person.. different settings...
              Ar! That sounds promising. I'll do some more research.

Thanks.

Comment

About downloading the file, my appologies I just gave a direct link to the actual song.. but its hosted on a free and 100% legal C64 remix site,

RKO: The Def Guide to C64 MP3 remakes. I bet you can't do this on a SID.

Just search for Stationary Ark... or look for it on the front page, its popular so it'll be there.. typical right click download and its all yours,

it is a very beautiful tune very... well for me 80s synth sounding

or follow this link should give it to you directly RKO: The Def Guide to C64 MP3 remakes. I bet you can't do this on a SID.

Comment

Originally posted by 4001 View Post
                  About downloading the file, my appologies I just gave a direct link to the actual song.. but its hosted on a free and 100% legal C64 remix site,

RKO: The Def Guide to C64 MP3 remakes. I bet you can't do this on a SID.

Just search for Stationary Ark... or look for it on the front page, its popular so it'll be there.. typical right click download and its all yours,

it is a very beautiful tune very... well for me 80s synth sounding

or follow this link should give it to you directly RKO: The Def Guide to C64 MP3 remakes. I bet you can't do this on a SID.
                  Cheers! Just done that and now got it . Thanks very much for your help.

I've never heard of the tv programme though.
                  Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Marine boy, through research ive found the composer of the 2 title themes for these 13 episode stationary ark and ark on the move is a composer by the name of John Mills Cockell he composes TV themes and currently electronic music of the same kind, actually has a few CDs out, his website lists the 2 themes but no mention of how to purchase them, but does list contact details for him directly and his other collections

John Mills-Cockell - Canadian music composer - Film & Television

it might be worth contacting him to see if you can perhaps get a 10 second sample and see if its the one you want and go from there

Comment

That's really weird. I found the site about fifteen minutes ago and have just come on here to mention it. And then I see your post, 4001! lol

Shame that none of the music clips seem to include the 'Ark' tunes. Perhaps I will do as you say and contact him directly.

Comment

Working...
                      X