Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spaghetti based haunted house board game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spaghetti based haunted house board game.

Hello,

I'd love to rediscover an image of this game that I played many times in the early seventies.

I'm thinking it was a free game, sent off for by cutting coupons perhaps. It came from Spaghetti Letters (or was it Alphabetti-Spaghetti?). Hence, it had no box.

It was a board game that was folded in two, but opened into a game set in a haunted house. Quite simple, players just threw a dice and moved along the ghostly-themed squares, up the board (right, up, left, up, right, up and so on), until you then came straight down the board along its right hand side (down a chimney, I think). As per usual...one square near the end sent you right back to near the very start. Grrr (I always seemed to land on that).

I remember the squares wound through a haunted house and I think many were decorated, or bordered by the bright orange reminiscent of the spaghetti itself.

As I said, I'm sure my parents sent of for it, free. But surely I wasn't the only kid in Britain that got it. It seemed like it at the time, as I know none of the local kids had it and I was quite in demand for my free, spaghetti-based haunted house board game.

I'd love to see a piccy of it again.

...Jamo

Re: Spaghetti based haunted house board game.

Taken from The Cobwebbed room.
    Heather

Comment

I've found a clue!!! At last. Here's an advert for it. It seems to have been something my parents sent off for, after collecting coupons from tins of Alphabetti Spaghetti by Cross & Blackwell.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_Ou-LlEaaDOY/...+Blackwell.jpg

Now, if only I can see a piccy of the actually boardgame after years of looking.

...James

Comment

Look up
        Heather

Comment

Oh my god!!! Is that spooky or what? I post this over a year ago. No replies at all. Then today, I find a clue, and just as I list it, I'm gobsmacked and confused to see someone else has posted the same advertisement. How had I missed it? Well, I hadn't! It was posted in virtually the same minute I posted my find!!!

Huggie74, I'm almost spooked by this!!!! Proper weird.

...Jamo

Comment

Jamo I was having a peek who was on line,saw the thread title and remembered seeing it at the CWR, so fetched it for you LOL, I do however think Daz may have posted it before here somewhere but cant find it yet
            Heather

Comment

Amazing coincidence. And yet, I'm still fruitless in finding an actual pic of the game itself to satisfy my craving for this particular memory.

I asked my old Dad about it the other week, and though he remembered it quite well, he feels it was eventually given to some younger cousin or neighbourhood kid. He feels sure it's not tucked away in his house. Pity.

Comment

And here it is!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	spaghetti game.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	258536
                Courtesy of Cobwebbed Room Blog
                Last edited by sixtyten; 19-04-2008, 23:10.

Comment

OMG, Brilliant, Hope you have PM'd OP Nice Find D.
                  Heather

Comment

Wow, thanks. That's amazing. I am the original poster that was pining for a glimpse of this childhood fave of mine. Thanks aplenty for your efforts.

Looking back over my original description, I wasn't far out, was I?

And to match all my joy at seeing it again, I can feel just as much hatred brewing for that dastardly penultimate 'square' that sent you back to the G space very near the beginning. Grrrr. Hehe.

But wow, what a memory. I wonder how many of these survive.

...Jamo

Comment

Heh, I remember this now - was one of my favourite games at the time, like most things of that era I guess mine got discarded at some point... couldn't you pick up a key along the way to save you from that penultimate square's dastardliness and win you the game instead?

In fact looking at the board there were two keys, just after the first O and second R.
                      Last edited by Tân Coul; 27-06-2008, 23:26.

Comment

Got onto this site via a google search for the alphabetti spaghetti haunted house game.Probably was about 1974.Only squares I remember were the snuff out the candle squares (xy and candle squares-see board),I think you got stuck there until you threw a six and they were hard to avoid as they ran consecutively..
                        Last edited by stewart; 12-08-2008, 15:27.

Comment

I still have mine...its rather battered now after much playing with in the 70's. Loved it then and still love it.

Comment

Whats a ghosts favourite food? SPOOKGHETTI.

I thank you.....
                            "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                            sigpic

Comment

God, I'd totally forgotten about this one. Someone needs to run the board, pieces and rules through a scanner so the game isn't lost forever. It's obviously rare now.

Comment

Working...
                              X