Quantum Leap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum Leap

Has any of you watched Quantum Leap? It's about this scientist that manages to build up a time machine ... So he travels in time and rights where good went wrong (I think that's what they were saying in the intro)...
    Anyways....I have seen it on the re-runs...I just love it!
    I Don't Reckon Any Other Sign of Superiority But Kindness - Beethoven

yes...I use to watch it every now and then. I loved when the guy was another person and he didn't know it until he looked in the mirror (for ex: a woman and the black gentlemen were my favs) they were pretty good episodes.
    I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Quantam leap was a quality show!
      No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Re: Quantum Leap

Awesome show - really grows on you. The one that turned out to be the finale is just wonderful. Takes place in a mining town.

Comment

I really liked this back in the day.

Didn't watch every episode but caught it when I could, the last few ones were very good, when Sam jumped into a Civil War ancestor & Elvis Presley.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I really liked Quantum Leap, I had a crush on his trusty sidekick Dean Stockwell.

Comment

It was a classic show - although the introduction of an evil Leaper on the grounds that 'where there is good, there must be evil' seemed to be sending the show down a religious route. There was a Marilyn Monroe episode that just ripped off All About Eve that was well done but just felt wrong, but the last episode alone made up for it - the postscript at the end telling the viewer that he never made it back was sad as hell.

The worst bit was that they found out that they were cancelled at a press conference - someone asked about the next series, and before anyone could speak, a network exec announced it was over.

Comment

It would have been nice to have made a better last episode rather than just that caption.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I felt it suggested that he just continued to leap around time, perhaps even by choice.

Hate to think what they would do with it today. I like stuff like Timecop, but the fact that QL did a lot of emotional stories as opposed to action made a huge difference.

Comment

great series, BUT it suffers from a disease that all US 'adventure' shows had/have....they drag on & on, stretching the plot idea out. time Tunnel, Lost in Space, Land of The Giants, Kung Fu, Incredible Hulk, etc etc etc...right up to today with the likes of Lost....GET TO THE POINT WILL YOU?

I'd love to see the first and last show in most of these iconic series, but a lot of episodes in between were pants

eg with Lost, I loved the 1st series; continued again with the 2nd series, by series 3 I was forgetting stuff from the earlier two series, and they kept saying 'answers are coming' in the trailers , but they weren't , since it only raised MORE questions grrrrrrrr
                    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

They always claimed that Sam would never get involved in major events. Then he leapt into Lee Harvey Oswald...

It is true that the best ones are the short ones - Randall and Hopkirk for example: one season of solid gold, Spaced - 14 episodes of mayhem and Arrested Development - wrongly cancelled (Bateman rules).

Comment

Originally posted by KromeDome View Post
                        Awesome show - really grows on you. The one that turned out to be the finale is just wonderful. Takes place in a mining town.
                        Just revisited this post - the episode is titled Mirror Image and was supposed to be a season finale but was reworked on short notice into the "series" finale; it concluded with that caption about what happened to Dr. Beckett. Sounds like a lot of the fans still hate this finale, but for me it really works - and at least we have a finale. All too often they just kill the lights and then want you to love and support whatever hot new show they have coming down the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by britishbaby View Post
                          I really liked Quantum Leap, I had a crush on his trusty sidekick Dean Stockwell.
                          Ha ha, me too, which everyone thought was weird because he was old. Incidentally the other day I remembered seeing the film 'The Boy With The Green Hair' on TV when I was little so I decided to look it up and Dean Stockwell was the boy. Well I never! I've never seen the film since.

Back to Quantum Leap...great show. I watched it regularly on its first run and it's being repeated on ITV4 now. yey!
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

i loved quantum Leap.............was probably my fav series at the time but I have to agree with rossobantam's comment about 'dragging on'

Comment

I remember the episode where Sam leaps into Lee Harvey Oswald. And I have that episode on VHS.

Comment

Working...
                              X