Brian The Singing Miner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian The Singing Miner

If you are from North Derbyshire or South yorkshire you may remember 'Brian the singing miner and the flying pitprops' doing the clubs in the mid/late 80's. I had his single, 'Spanish Eyes' and now have it on mp3.

Brilliant bloke, makes me laugh. Thing is, he actually thought he was a good singer. If you want a major assault on your earholes (or a good laugh) then click the link below if you dare...

YouTube - Brian the singing miner

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Re: Brian The Singing Miner

I'd never heard of him so did a Google - there are some surprisingly heated bulletin boards about him and the fallouts with Gutterband - its amazing people get so uptight about such a 'K list' celeb

Comment

In the 1960s were was the Singing Postman (John Smethurst?), who's "Have You Got A Light Boy?" been featured on Sounds Of The Sixties a few times.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        In the 1960s were was the Singing Postman (John Smethurst?), who's "Have You Got A Light Boy?" been featured on Sounds Of The Sixties a few times.
        I remember this because they did a rendition of it for the 'Ovaltine Light' advert many years ago.
        Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
          I remember this because they did a rendition of it for the 'Ovaltine Light' advert many years ago.
          Yes I remember seeing that, years before hearing the original.

It went something like "If you're feeling in a state, have a drink of chocolate, have you got a light boy? Ovaltine Light"
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
          X