live action & animation very old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• live action & animation very old

Hi all i'm new to this site. so first things first hello every1 and hope ya all doing ok.
    ok now for my query.
    I am at my wits end trying to think of a name of a film I watched when I was very young. the film was probably made in the early 70's and is american.
    I remember a young boy chatting to his friend on the phone in his bedroom when this red and white stripped box/workers tent (about the size of a tardis) appeared in his room.
    The boy then entered the tent and the movie went from live action to animation, he then went on to have an adventure in this animated world).
    At the end of the adventure he left the tent/box and the box flew out of his window across the city. The boy then started telling his friend on the phone what had just happened but his friend said something along the lines as "hold up a box has just appeared in my room"

sorry this is so vague but it was many years ago.

Re: live action & animation very old

Originally posted by mrvibes View Post
    Hi all i'm new to this site. so first things first hello every1 and hope ya all doing ok.
    ok now for my query.
    I am at my wits end trying to think of a name of a film I watched when I was very young. the film was probably made in the early 70's and is american.
    I remember a young boy chatting to his friend on the phone in his bedroom when this red and white stripped box/workers tent (about the size of a tardis) appeared in his room.
    The boy then entered the tent and the movie went from live action to animation, he then went on to have an adventure in this animated world).
    At the end of the adventure he left the tent/box and the box flew out of his window across the city. The boy then started telling his friend on the phone what had just happened but his friend said something along the lines as "hold up a box has just appeared in my room"

sorry this is so vague but it was many years ago.
    The Phantom Tollbooth?
    Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Nice one Ridski
      https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/m...tollbooth.html
      Heather

Comment

OMG Ridski, THANKYOU sooooooooo much how did you know that. I honestly thougth I must of imagined this movie I have searched for years for this and nobody knew what I was on about. You really have made my day...........I could go on and on thanking you I am so happy.

Comment

YouTube - The Phantom Tollbooth Part 1 of 14
          Heather

Comment

Ya gotta love this place
            Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
            X