Useless Tankards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useless Tankards

There was a time when all the lads seemed to get a silver tankard for your 21st.

Not much good for owt though, you'd have felt a goon taking them out to the pub so they ended up on top of your drawers.

Only use I ever had for mine was throwing in Embassy coupons till the tankard was full and then sticking them away in a bread bag to start filing the Tankard again till I had enough to send off

Re: Useless Tankards

I got one for my 18th, I used it a few times at parties until someone (I suspect my Dad) managed to scratch it while washing up & so it has remained on display since.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

me too..its in the cupboard (got one as a leaving pressie from work yrs ago too)
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Got one as a "Best Man" pressie and another when I left a job. Neither are any use for anything.

Comment

I can't remember if mine was for my 18th or 21st. It's currently a pen and pencil holder on my desk.

Comment

My dad had a tankard that he never used but I used to like drinking my pop out of it because of the see-through glass bottom.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

im pretty sure my uncle has one dont think i ever saw him use it.
              it comes up nice when its polished.

think he kept darts in it as he played darts.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

This may not be anything useful but pewter is a softer metal and is easier to mark. Traditionally pewter is given in the UK, Sheffield being the main home of pewter in the UK!!
                English pewter is better because its more pure. you can get pewter from China but alas they do not make it properly or rather the grade is not very good.
                it should also be pointed out that pewter in England is now so expensive that you have to spend a small fortune to afford an item such as a tankard.
                I was given a tankard when i was 18. I never used it for anything apart from a pen pot.
                As I now work engraving items, Pewter tankards being just one of the items which we do engrave I Just thought i would give my two pennies worth

Comment

Working...
                X