charles and diana's wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charles and diana's wedding

One of my fondest memories is the wedding of charles and diana. I was about 5 and i thought the dress was AMAZING! It was the stuff i read in fairytales!

Of course as i got older....well it turned out not to be a fairytale.

But these are photos of the wedding which i adored and reminds me of a simple and nicer time.
    Attached Files
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Re: charles and diana's wedding

more photos of the couple together
    Attached Files
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

And heres some info from wikipedia....

Their engagement became official on the 24th February, 1981, after Diana selected a walnut-sized £30,000 ring consisting of 14 diamonds surrounding a sapphire, similar to her mother's engagement ring.

The 20-year-old became The Princess of Wales when she married Charles on 29 July 1981 at St Pauls Cathedral, which offered more seating than Westminster Abbey, generally used for royal nuptials.

It was widely billed as a "fairytale wedding," watched by a global television audience of 750 million. At the altar Diana accidentally reversed the order of Charles's names, saying Philip Charles Arthur George instead. She also did not say she would "obey," which caused a sensation at the time. The ceremony began at 11:20 A.M. and Diana wore a dress valued at £9000 with 25 foot train.
      Attached Files

Comment

Heck. 28 years ago. I was 19 and remember watching the TV coverage. As you say, nessie, simpler times.

The thing is, (without wishing to make fun of an amazing and historic day), whenever I see pictures of Diana in that dress, I think of the spoof on 'Not the Nine O'Clock News' where Rowan Atkinson is doing an alternative commentary and when it gets to the part where she is getting out of the car, he suddenly says, "Oh my god. The Dress! It's so creased!!"

Comment

ha ha ha! yeah it was creased to hell!!! But ive never watched that programme. If it was to come on a sky channel its one i defo would watch though!

Comment

Working...
          X