Best detective serie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best detective serie?

There have been great series like murder she wrote and inspector morse.

What is your favorite?

http://www.vBulletin-Fans.com - Visit it, totally free!
    - Visit it, totally free!

I used to love Bergerac with John Nettles. Now he is a detective in Midsomer Murders and he's still just as good.

What do YOU remember about the 70's 80's and 90's?
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

Columbo with Peter Falk rates as my favourite.

www.fansofbritishtv.com

Comment

I'd have to give Columbo my vote.

He's still one of my favorite TV detectives! I love how he would just sort of get under the criminals skin by coming back over and over and over again. You almost felt like the criminals wanted to confess just to get rid of him

Comment

I loved his "oh and I nearly forgot" thing. The criminal would think they had fooled Columbo, but just as he was walking out the door, Columbo would pop his head back in and say, "There's just one thing I don't understand..." or something and would let the criminal know they were rumbled. He loved to make the criminals sweat!

Comment

With Columbo you always saw who did it and then the fun was in him working it out

Comment

Murder she wrote is an absolut classic.
              I watch it even today if I catch it on.
              I also like Cagney & Lacey. The look and feel of the series were quite interesting, the cars too.

Comment

I liked the old Morse...Colombo etc..but my favourite was the PD James series with Insp Adam Dalgleish ...he WAS dishy..and the story lines were good...

Comment

Originally posted by remember
                  I used to love Bergerac with John Nettles. Now he is a detective in Midsomer Murders and he's still just as good.

What do YOU remember about the 70's 80's and 90's?

yes me too..but don't you think his places where the murders are committed are not exactly the places you'd want to bring up kids? The crime rate is awful!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney
                    I'd have to give Columbo my vote.

He's still one of my favorite TV detectives! I love how he would just sort of get under the criminals skin by coming back over and over and over again. You almost felt like the criminals wanted to confess just to get rid of him
                    Yep, and the way some of the criminals looked him up and down with contempt, seeing him as perhaps not too bright.

Comment

I'm trying to think of old UK detective series and I've got some jumbled memories. Can anyone help sort them out:

There was one called "shoe string" or "boot lace" or something
                      Another one had characters in it called Penny and Tuppence I think
                      And then wasn't there another one called Juliet Bravo?

Very vague memories

Comment

Columbo was without doubt the greatest detective programme on TV. I even considered buying the peugot he drives :P

It's the 'messy intelligence' that I find so appealing.

Comment

I watched Charlie's Angels, Kojak, and Barnaby Jones, but Dragnet was my favorite. They always got me to watch the commercial so I could hear what happened to the crimnals.

Comment

There was definatly one called "Shoestring" - Trevor Eve if Im not mistaken.

Juliet Bravo was also a fav of mine.
                            TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!

Comment

I liked the one with the 'ghost' in it..Randall and Hopkirk deceased..it was funny too.

Comment

Working...
                              X