• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computers from 1985 Argos Catalogue

Attached Files
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: Computers from 1985 Argos Catalogue

I remember always wanting a Spectrum. One of my mates got one and if I ever stayed over his house I'd be up the entire night playing games which would take about 20 minutes to load or if you were unlucky it would somehow mess up the loading and leave you with a blank screen on the 14" portable tv. You could even manually write all the code for games into the computer from magazines!! Nerdy or what?

Every time I accidently ring the fax number of a company rather than the phone number I immediately remember my mates Spectrum loading the games from a cassette tape.
    sigpic

Comment

Cool! I love seeing the original pics in catalogues it just sends me right back there.... Everything was so simplistic back then, we didnt crave for more

I had one of these Treasure Island and Icicle works, anyone else remember?? I was about 10 and played them to death, No save options in those days, you had to play the game start to finish everytime....but thats what boosted the true gamers skills

.....on the plus 4 you could even learn a bit of basic programming....more of a kids computer though where the teens had their speccies
      "Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything"

Comment

Aww, man you've just had me grinning ear to ear seeing this. I had one of these and I Loved TReasure Island and Icicle Works, despite being rubbish, lol. I loved the +4 I used to play it loads, the games were so simple yet addictive. Excellent, thanks for sharing. That really took me back for a moment.

Originally posted by bun View Post
        Cool! I love seeing the original pics in catalogues it just sends me right back there.... Everything was so simplistic back then, we didnt crave for more

I had one of these Treasure Island and Icicle works, anyone else remember?? I was about 10 and played them to death, No save options in those days, you had to play the game start to finish everytime....but thats what boosted the true gamers skills

.....on the plus 4 you could even learn a bit of basic programming....more of a kids computer though where the teens had their speccies

Comment

I've owned pretty-much all of the 8- and 16-bit home computers over the years, including the 'Dragon 32' which was manufactured from a warehouse in Swansea. It earned the unfortunate nickname of 'The Plastic Cowpat', reference given due to its flat, brown shape.
          "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Working...
          X