Saturday morning telly in the 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday morning telly in the 80's

Ah how i miss The Greatest American Hero. Still have the theme tune on vinyl somewhere! They should show it again!

Then animan? I heard they are showing it again on a Sky channel(!??) I used to love the effects when he changed into panther/eagle what else did he change into?

manimal

Comment

Swap Shop with Noel

Saturday mornings used to be spent watching Swap Shop with ole Noel Edmonds. I`ve always liked Noelly! My mum always had radio 1 on in a morning when we were getting ready for school I think I just grew to like Noel from there.

Comment

I rang up Swap Shop one week (I think to swap a board game for something. Buckaroo?) and someone answered. I was so shocked that I put the phone down!

Also, I was a bit miffed as Keith Chegwin NEVER came and stood in our school playing field waving a tatty old box of fuzzyfelt with the offer of a swap for a Manchester United scarf.

This was circa 1980/1 - I would have been 8 or 9 years old.
        TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by Tallulah
          I rang up Swap Shop one week (I think to swap a board game for something. Buckaroo?) and someone answered. I was so shocked that I put the phone down!
          Ha Ha! That`s funny cos I think I`d have done the same if I`d got through. I`d have been petrified. I used to try ringing but never got through, i just wanted to talk to Noel, cos I really liked him!

Comment

Swap shop was such a top notch quality kids tv programme
            not like the rubbish that is on now (mind you dick and dom are pretty funny)

I remember someone trying to swap a pair of girls old roller skates, you know the ones with the butterfly screwws in the middle that used to come apart once you skated on them trying to swap them for a manchester united shirt!! hmmmmmm wonder if he got a swap!

Noel Edmonds was pure quality glad he is making a comeback

Comment

yeah its good to see Noel back on tv...he`s a true professional, and quite a pioneer of his time

Comment

swap shop

I`ve started my own Swap Shop group on yahoo
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/swapshoplincs/
                pop along & have a look, see if I`ve got anything you want, new swaps being added all the time

Comment

I use to watch noel then Tiswas arrived and Saturday mornings where never the same.

They don't make programmes like that anymore! LOL
                  Without music, life is a journey through a desert.

Comment

I told my son (a huge Dick & Dom fan) about the wonder that was Tiswas. He now does a brilliant Dying Fly but draws the line at sandwiches with DCM - De Condensed Milk!!!

Comment

the banana splits which featured arabian nights, danger island and i remember something about a shrinking machine ( can't think what it was called!) I think that was before the 80's but it was better than what you get now!......................that may be wishful thinking!
                      Without music, life is a journey through a desert.

Comment

The segment was called 'MICRO VENTURES' it was kool, as were the Banana Splits, always wanted one of their buggies they drove in the titles.

Comment

Working...
                        X