Cor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cor!

This was my comic of choice in the early 70's. The first issue came coplete with a sachet of "Gulp" orange drink.
    Anyway, "Cor!" featured my all-time favoutrite strip namely "Ivor Lott and Tony Broke" OK! It's a bad pun but when I was 10 it made a lot of sense!

Also, does anybody remember "Whoopee" and "Knockout"??
    I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Re: Cor!

ha ha ha!!! I just bought one yesterday at the car boot!!! 20 pence!!!!

Last night I was wondering whether to scan some of the pages to see how many of the cartoons people remembered!!!
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

I still have some Whoopee & Knockout annuals (for definite Knockout 1973 & Whoopee 1975). The first comic I ever got for myself (ie ordered via the newsagent) was 'Shiver & Shake' from March 1973, but I was lucky in that an older lad down my street , when he'd finished with his stash, used to leave a huge pile of comics at our back door..a great mixture, mainly Victor, Topper & Beezer
      Then the 'meatier' comics grabbed me,Action, Warlord, but in particular Battle

nice list of annuals here (click on the annual index for the rest)
      Cor annuals
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Still have a few issues of Cor!, was a great comic.

Here's some GULP!

Comment

My choice of comic in those days,whizzer and chips also.I now buy viz occasionaly.
          regards,Frame.
          "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Cor, Knockout and Sparky were my three favourite comics from the 70s. I had some mint-condition Sparkys in my mum's loft, but a squirrel moved in and reduced the lot to confetti.

Comment

I forgot about cor!!!i might have had some annuals once, as the charactor on the covers looks familiar?
              sigpic

Comment

Cor! pops up in Andrew Collins' book - Where Did It All Go Right - quite a lot but I only got it infrequently. I did get Whoopee for a while when it first launched (I remember some good horror(?) cards free with an early issue) but Whizzer and Chips was may fave of the funnies.

Comment

I used to get Whizzer & Chips and Cor!. W&C eventually incorporated Cor, didn't it?
                  I once won some money by suggesting a storyline for a strip called Willy Wonty. It was enough to get me a Tonto action figure - I was chuffed to bits!
                  By 'eck, there's greased lightning about that lad!

Comment

Originally posted by HappinessDragon View Post
                    I used to get Whizzer & Chips and Cor!. W&C eventually incorporated Cor, didn't it?
                    I once won some money by suggesting a storyline for a strip called Willy Wonty. It was enough to get me a Tonto action figure - I was chuffed to bits!
                    Cor!! merged with Buster in 1974.

Comment

Like the Gulp pic. Ultra rare to find that with the number 1 issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Pensky View Post
                        Cor!! merged with Buster in 1974.
                        That's right, I've got a couple of issues of "Buster and Cor!" from about that time. I was mainly a 'TV Comic' kid but later graduated onto 'Whizzer and Chips' (Incorporating Knockout) and the war comics like 'Warlord', 'Battle', 'Valiant', etc...

Comment

There were still Cor! annuals around in the 1980s.

IPC/Fleetway seemed to keep making annuals for titles that had long finshed being a weekly issue, for some reason.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                          X