My Naughty little Sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Naughty little Sister

Can any one remember The My Naughty Little Sister books by Dorothy Edwards ? we use to get them read to us by our teacher at carpet time when I was about 4 or 5, they were always pulled out just before hometime and I can remember willing her along as I wanted to hear the whole story before the bell went she never did of course which left me earerly awaiting the next carpet time

Later at the age of about 11 I remember us also being read a book called I am David, at this age each person in class would read a page or two each, but very annoyingly the teacher would make us skip pages out to get to the relevant bits It was a great book all about a boy in a concentration camp and his escape from it.... I really must see If I can find this book and read it from cover to cover this time.
    Heather

Re: My Naughty little Sister

I remember having to do 'readalongs' with my daughter and the naughty little sister books

When you look deep at the stories there was no way she was ever actually naughty!

All she was trying to do was help people /things all the time but her motives were always misunderstood

Comment

I remember being read the Naughty Little Sister ones at school. At least 1 was on Jackanory.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I used to love those 'Naughty Little Sister' books..I'd forgotten all about them. They were great.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
          a boy in a concentration camp and his escape from it.... I really must see If I can find this book and read it from cover to cover this time.
          Available on ebay Huggie i am david, Children's Books, New items at low prices on eBay.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post

Thanks Claudine, you'll notice if you now follow your link the top buy it now copy is no longer listed

I'll finally get to read the whole story
            Heather

Comment

I also remember the My Naughty Little Sister and also MNLS and Bad Harry - whoever he was !!

Comment

I remember finding these stories boring even as a child. Maybe I was an impatient reader but I got frustrated because very little ever happens.
                "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I loved My Naughty Little Sister stories. Also loved (and still love) the story of 'Dogger' by Shirley Hughes, who illustrated the naughty little sister books.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                    I remember being read the Naughty Little Sister ones at school. At least 1 was on Jackanory.
                    Yep. I remember this ..... and actually had one (a naughty little sister that is) who is still a complete nightmare!

Comment

Working...
                    X